Super Knob TSI using Loop Recorder - Page 4
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

You totally nailed it! You're a guru around here =).

The S4 is a ton of fun but you have to trick it to get your mappings to work. We have tried a ton of combos to get things to work. It's a fun challenge but I really wish the mapping was easier. If you have any questions let us know, Haze and I have put in a ton of hours trying to trick the S4 into working the way we want.

Thanks for your original mapping , it sparked the entire idea of our S4 super section.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Tech Mentor

Word. thanks big.

I'll join in on the mapping train. See what goodies I can come up with and post my results here or create a new thread dedicated to remapping.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1130745/metamix.zip

Latest mix on the vci.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bigbeatzz View Post
    Awesome bro....I hope you enjoy it. Please post any comments or ideas you may have.

Im not sure if your mapping includes it but if you can add on/off for FX banks 3/4 on decks a/b. For example holding the shift key and pressing FX 1/2 on deck A would toggle FX banks 3/4 on/off on deck A and the same for deck B.. Not sure if that made much sense lol

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by medic_90 View Post
    Im not sure if your mapping includes it but if you can add on/off for FX banks 3/4 on decks a/b. For example holding the shift key and pressing FX 1/2 on deck A would toggle FX banks 3/4 on/off on deck A and the same for deck B.. Not sure if that made much sense lol
    I tried that at one point where holding down the shift on a certain deck and the button would turn assign the effects of a choosen bank to that deck. It's do-able
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by armyofme4340 View Post
    I nailed it
    Bows Down! Me and Beatzz tried sooo many combo's and always came back to yours. Props.

The thing with the S4 vs. the VCI is that the VCI is a "fun" small controller you get into. The S4 is a little more refined, and little more rigid and I too found it hard to really enjoy it. It's like it's missing personality. I also have an NS7 and that to me is just a blast to play on.

The S4 though has TONS of tools it offers, I think once you get a workflow going and see it for the tools you'll find it's value. But for me, it's still not as "fun" until this superknob that I was able to personalize it a bit.

Check out some of Yul's posts. He's remapped a few things, but in native mode there's only so many things that can be re-mapped.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

This may be blasphemy to some but this is a way more exciting than TP2.

NICE WORK
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Guru

I would love to create my own full on user mapping but I'd really miss the digital readout.

I just learned that when in 4 deck mode, pressing the deck button changes the effects area to unit 3 and 4. Not sure how I missed this...is it new to T2?

@ Armyofme...got any new supercombos? You're a badass...fo' realz!

@Haze...you rule dude. Am I the only one that feels cool because armyofme is checking out our tsi? LOL
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Tech Guru

Also....it took me three years but I have finally reached my 400th post! I need to get my numbers up.

NUMERO 400 SE ENCUENTRA AQUI!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by smittten View Post
    This may be blasphemy to some but this is a way more exciting than TP2.

NICE WORK
    TX dude. You're asset to the forum.

...and the DJ Techtools Mafia was born.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by medic_90 View Post
    I was thinking of mapping the extra effects assign buttons on the channels to this. The only issue is that there will be no Led feedback due to some firmware thing.

The other idea I had was to map it to the cue buttons. This way you'll know when it's on and it's realty close to the middle.

Thoughts?

---- also sorry for the gazillion posts I'm on my phone.
    Last edited by bigbeatzz; 04-07-2011 at 08:10 PM.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast