Super Knob TSI using Loop Recorder - Page 5
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

i don't think having the LED lights not working would be a problem.. just a quick glance at my laptop and i can see what decks FX banks 3/4 are active

Tech Mentor

No new supercombos yet, been working on one with the new autobouncer, and how to use it to ramp up the intensity to a drop... will post results when I get it just right.

Tech Guru

Ive been messing with the bouncers alot...adds groove to tracks, also if I enable it starting at a high rate it has a good sound on the right track....usually over a stagnant 8 bar section ill throw it in the middle, hard to do on the fly without being able to hear cued efx.

I have a question that I have been pondering, Im sure traktor bible answers it but ive looked around a bit and not found an answer....Here it is:

Is there anyway to have 4 efx banks for the s4 in traktor 2?

I don't mean have 4 effects running on a line at the same time. I am hoping to set up my s4 so I can have it toggle from fx 1 to 3 with a double tap of the dry/wet button. So tap once to enable effect bank 1 then tap again to enable effect 3 and then tab once more to deactivate the effect. This would apply for the other side as well with banks 2 and 4.

I don't know if this is possible and I dont have the mapping knowledge to do it myself yet. I just want to through the idea out there and didn't know where else to do it but here.

The main purpose of this would be to have more effects to turn to quickly instead of having to load them in really quickly if you want to utilize multiple effects in a row.

/idea

If its been done already please link me.

Tech Guru

@ medic --- I found an issue when using the extra button on the channel. When you disable or change crossfader assignments it throws everything out of whack.

@ army --- keep at it, I'm sure you'll come up with something amazing. Right now I am loving having the whoosh is the middle of the s4, it's so dope for creating drama.

@ rukks --- I noticed yesterday that if you hit the deck button while in 4 effect unit mode it acts as a shift in TP2. it would be a cool idea to make the dry wet button a way to switch, but it won't work well if in advanced mode.

I also think I am going to make an update that uses the loop recorder dry/wet to also allow parameter changes for the t3 delay and reverb. I think it would be really useful. Also does anyone know a combo for the new delay that sounds like the preset I am using? I figure if I can figure it out I can remap that button to unit 4 and remap the reverb to unit 3. This would free up units one and 2 for whatever.
    Last edited by bigbeatzz; 04-08-2011 at 07:53 PM.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Tech Mentor

Hey guys having trouble setting up my S4 with some tweaks maybe you can help..

I want the push buttons for the gain encoders to function as an echo out. However when I go to map it, it sends the message as a hold. So the echo stays on and doesn't toggle off. Any ideas? I'm doing this in the native HID mode, as I always want quick access to my echo out and don't want to switch between modes.

Also, I keep getting the blinking exclamation mark. I searched the forums and it doesn't give a clear answer.

Another thing is that the s4 isn't showing up in the controller editor. So when I go into midi mode it's not working properly. Downloaded all the latest drivers. Nothing.

Help a girl out fellas..

Tech Guru

Did you disable the encoders for gain use? There is a mapping on traktor freaks that's disables the gain functions so you can reuse the knob. Check that out it may help. I'm planning on getting my hands dirty tomorrow so lets see what we can come up with.

About it not showing in the controller editor I'm not sure. I know it sounds dumb but did you try a simple reboot? It should show in the controller editor. The blinking exclamation mark is telling you there is a connection issue somewhere. Is it possible you wrote a supercommand that freaked it out LOL? Try all the basics and if that doesn't work maybe reinstalling the software would help.

You're on an imac right? I'll search some posts to see what turns up.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Tech Mentor

@ big - tried that. but the push buttons still don't work they way they should. Seems like it has a hold command built into to it. Because it won't toggle.

Tech Guru

Why not use the extra button available right under the gain knob? Seems like a cool place for a deck specific freeze. It could also engage the effect unit assignment. Whatcha think?

Btw, it's great to have more minds on this, very cool stuff!

Tech Guru

bigbeatzz if you come up with anything for that shift in tp2 idea let me know...I can try to put in some work on it if I have the basics down... I really want to utilize 4 banks on my s4

Tech Guru

^ you can use superknobs on FX 3 and 4 and standard FX control on 1 and 2?

if you want to use the fx controls currently set up, perhaps set up a toggle modifier and then cancel the FX controls for banks 1 and 2 when that modifier is toggled and then have it control 3 and 4. You would have to most likely map the revers of each control to that modifier so that they are negated.

Maybe there's an easier way?
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast