Super Knob TSI using Loop Recorder - Page 6
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

I'm in the process of remapping the center buttons to use only units 3 and 4. I should have something posted later today. I'm also going to try and figure out an idea for the effects assignments.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Tech Guru

Default Superknob update 2

Hey Guys,

I updated a few things for tonight...I'll try and do some more tomorrow.

For tonight:

- All Superbutton area effects are dedicated to units 3 & 4. Ive reassigned the t3 delay to the new delay using unit 4...It sounds almost the same but when you work the knobs I think the t3 delay sounds better. Thoughts?

- The dry wet knob now effects the play button and the record button when they are pressed. This gives extra fun for the reverb and delay buttons.

I had a thought about only using 2 effect units...this would solve the issue of assigning the effects although we'd loose the ability to unit 3 & 4.

Import the TSI using the import button on the bottom if you are having issues with the way the effects are loading. Remember to backup any personal mappings just in case.
    Last edited by bigbeatzz; 04-09-2011 at 09:19 PM. Reason: updated mapping
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Ok, so I made a little edit on this mapping.

FX 1 + 2 - Nomal, just as you want them to work.
    FX 3 - Army of Me Drama effect
    FX 4 - Good ol' Echo Freeze

DRY/WET - AoM-drama parameters.
    SIZE - Deck A FX 3 > On/Off (toggle), and sets the DRAMA-Parameters
    UNDO - Same as SIZE, but assigns the effect to deck B
    REC - Deck A FX 4 > On/Off (toggle), Freeze on
    PLAY - Same as REC, but assigns the effect to deck B

Now, if only someone could help me fix the LED-feedback my S4 would be complete!

EDIT: Just noticed that FX 1 + 2 is reverted back to the old prefixed crap. Could someone help me fix this too?
    Last edited by Kobbe; 04-10-2011 at 07:20 AM.

Tech Mentor

How is the drama sweep echoing out on these? I'm trying to figure out a method, where when the knob hits the end it triggers the echo out.

Playing around with some inverted modifiers, and encoder settings.

Tech Guru

Sweet!! Good to see some folks jumping on this with some ideas.

Army - I have mine set for FX 1 and 2, so I just hit the 2nd parameter button. I normally leave delay in advanced mode on that deck.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Guru

@ army...I think the knob will only act as a button in midi mode.

@ Haze -- YEA BOI!!! lolz

Guys,

I'm really excited about the mappings you guys are creating, I think they are totally sick and will help in adding some creativity to the S4.

Bigbeatzz, I tried both of your mappings (which I loaded with "Import"):
    The first mapping worked well expect for the play button, which didn't create the effect on the track at all (the Army Swoosh), although the knob registered with all three effects (Reverb, t3, and delay?).

The second mapping had a very strange glitch for some reason. Instead of playing the appropriate effect when a button was pressed, it would just clear that effect completely. So, if I pressed the undo button, it would delete the effects in the second (I believe? Maybe the first?) deck.

Anyways, you all are awesome and I'm really looking forward to the completion of this mapping. Thanks for all you're hard work.

P.S. Bigbeatzz, you have the strangest Traktor setup I've ever seen, haha

Tech Guru

Victory, it sounds like you are having some wacky issue with my tsi. Did you use the import button on the bottom? Also are you using Traktor 2? Traktor has a strange way of handling the way the effects order works. Try and import 2 times and see if that corrects it. Also after import shut down traktor and reopen to make sure everything syncs up properly.

Also the re button should trigger a delay not the whoosh. The whoosh is triggered by the size button and turning the knob.

Size = whoosh
    Undo = freeze
    Rec = delay
    Play = reverb

Hope it works out for you....I'll check my mapping when I get home.
    Is anyone else having the same issue?
    Last edited by bigbeatzz; 04-11-2011 at 11:42 AM.

Tech Wizard

As sayd many times about, very good work done here... Would be even greater having the beatmasher assigned to the jogwheel, just throwing it out there^^

Can't wait til I acculy have the s4 and x1, they are currently in the customs.. shipped from DJTT.
    Last edited by BrokN9; 04-12-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Tech Guru

^ I tried messing around with the beatmasher and after seeing some of the shiftee, craze, etc. vids I noticed on some vids they have the D/W and the effect Parameter mapped to one button. It works pretty good. I have it assigned to REC and it works pretty good. You can move the knob to the rate you want to start with and then press the REC button the word or beat you want to mash and then turn, turn some more, turn less, turn more, etc. and then either hit the button to turn off.

I think Beatzz has been using these as hold vs. toggle so there's some room to play with and get it to do what the jogs could do.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast