Super Knob TSI using Loop Recorder - Page 8
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

No, just me being a n00b. Once I unchecked and checked it, it worked. I did notice that once I import the TSI the effects are controllable per channel. I can play through songs and had have all four banks be used... but when I close out Traktor and re-open the problem reoccurs. A simple re load of the TSI will give me back the functionality, but im guessing that its not supposed to do that right?

EDIT: I will also lose control of the opposite bank if I change the layout either by the drop down or adding/subing different layout preferences...

Maybe its just time for me to buy the Traktor 2 Bible.... lol
    Last edited by DarioJ; 04-11-2011 at 08:37 PM.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Tech Guru

When I open traktor every works the same as the time before...can you please give a step by step of the issue? Thisncan help us break it down.

Tx, hopefully we can get this rocking for everyone, otherwise I an going to strongly consider making a Kontrol X1 mapping as an effects only and beat ridding addition.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Sure no prob... Heres the step by step (loaded on top of stock settings):

-Open/Load Traktor
    -Import beatz.tsi via import button on the bottom left hand corner in the preference pane
    -Import Controller and effect settings, press OK
    -Play a track
    -check to make sure that the desired effects and buttons are working
    -check to make sure channel A/B have the capabilities of selecting(on/off) Effects banks 1 and 2 (at this point it does)
    ... This will continue till I either switch layouts or shutdown traktor....

I actually noticed the state of the effect will still be the same as from when I close traktor and re-load it... ie; if a bank is on when closing traktor, then traktor will show its "on" on the next boot, but the S4 WONT!

The functionality of the button(s) will be lost as I will not be able to turn on or off the effect bank via the S4 (effects still work if turned on in traktor) . Through the S4 channel A/C only have the ability to assign (on/off) Effect bank 1 and B/D Effect bank 2.

As far as X1 mapping for effects and beat riding.... im on board for that
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Quote Originally Posted by DarioJ View Post
    Any progress with this Kobbe?
    Nope... Been pulling my hair for quite some hours. Im not really that much of a leethaxx-mapper. Its hard to trick the S4. Its a beast.

As said above, help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobbe
    Ok, so I made a little edit on this mapping.

FX 1 + 2 - Nomal, just as you want them to work.
    FX 3 - Army of Me Drama effect
    FX 4 - Good ol' Echo Freeze

DRY/WET - AoM-drama parameters.
    SIZE - Deck A FX 3 > On/Off (toggle), and sets the DRAMA-Parameters
    UNDO - Same as SIZE, but assigns the effect to deck B
    REC - Deck A FX 4 > On/Off (toggle), Freeze on
    PLAY - Same as REC, but assigns the effect to deck B

Now, if only someone could help me fix the LED-feedback my S4 would be complete!

EDIT: Just noticed that FX 1 + 2 is reverted back to the old prefixed crap. Could someone help me fix this too?
    I still use this mapping though, works like a charm. Would be nice with some visual feedback and the ability with FX 1 + 2 to affect one deck.

Sorry if this post in incoherent. I just woke up after 4 hours of sleep. Visiting friends in other cities may result in jams for waaay to many hours to be on a monday night / tuesday morning. :P

Tech Guru

Kobbe...I've had that issue where the effects buttons revert to 1&2 also. What I have found is when I turn off the unit it snaps back to the way it should be. I actually prefer to have the 1&2 buttons to be working and got excited about it and then it disappeared.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Default Bigbeatzz tsi.

I finally had the time to try out Bigbeatzz second tsi.

It worked really well, except for one thing, and you guys may be able to answer this for me.

While attempting to use the AoM Whoosh (build-up) effect, I could never get it to work at times when there was a simple/silent build-up to the main chorus(? I know that's not right, but I'm at a loss of words). I can, however, get it to work during the chorus part.

So, my theory is that using the AoM Whoosh should be a build-up substitute when there is none produced in the actual song.

Am I correct in this, and if so, why can't I catch anything to Whoosh-on-to in a simple build up?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by victoryrisen View Post
    I finally had the time to try out Bigbeatzz second tsi.

It worked really well, except for one thing, and you guys may be able to answer this for me.

While attempting to use the AoM Whoosh (build-up) effect, I could never get it to work at times when there was a simple/silent build-up to the main chorus(? I know that's not right, but I'm at a loss of words). I can, however, get it to work during the chorus part.

So, my theory is that using the AoM Whoosh should be a build-up substitute when there is none produced in the actual song.

Am I correct in this, and if so, why can't I catch anything to Whoosh-on-to in a simple build up?
    Are you turning the dry/wet knob up when you use it?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbeatzz View Post
    Are you turning the dry/wet knob up when you use it?
    ROFL. Yes. I actually figured it out though, I just needed a simple restart.

Thanks for your response though.

Tech Guru

progress. Sweet!!!!!

Glad this is working for some folks. I was talkin to beats about making another combo with transpose stretch kicking in after the delay hit's half way to get that skreetch sound at the top of the delay, maybe a tad bit of filter too. Gotta find sometime to work on it. Maybe AoM has some ideas **hint**hint**
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Default Cannot import superknob.tsi after numerous trys. any help?

is the file all inclusive with the other s4 mappings included, or is it just a modifier?

I just got an S4 and am new to traktor. I've tried tinkering for a while but no luck. I got a frozen s4 needing restart, a pair of ON's nonresponsive, and nothing ness on my attempts.

barrett

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast