Touch OSC - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Touch OSC

You need a peice of sofware to converter the OSC to midi

Then you send this midi into a midi pipe

You then open up traktor and select this midi pipe as a midi in

Then you do the midi learning - you will know if traktor is recieving midi because when when your moving a controller the midi data light at the top centre of the traktor pro interface with light up.

I could not get touch osc to work on my vista machine, then I used PD and it worked.

Anyone check out the new editor for TouchOSC? You can create your own layout and pages!

For TPro, I'm thinking of using it to turn on specific effects parameters and then playing around with them with an xy pad and a couple buttons. Perhaps a page with some simple controls in case I want to make a trip into the crowd to dance.
    Last edited by misa; 07-21-2009 at 12:00 PM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by misa View Post
    Anyone check out the new editor for TouchOSC? You can create your own layout and pages!

For TPro, I'm thinking of using it to turn on specific effects parameters and then playing around with them with an xy pad and a couple buttons. Perhaps a page with some simple controls in case I want to make a trip into the crowd to dance.
    I *just* purchased a copy of TOSC today and got it running with PD. All I can say is that, my weekend is now f***k** because I just downloaded the editor and I....can't....get.....these.....ideasouttamyhead!

Default TouchOSC -> OSC -> 14bit midi please

I've got Traktor Pro, TouchOSC, and Osculator on MacBook Pro working OK. Does anyone have a solution for getting OSC converted to 14bit midi for Traktor tempo? Doesn't seem possible with Osculator. How about Pure Data or Max or something else? For now I have a two fader controls per deck tempo - one direct, and the other for relative fine resolution, but I'd rather have just one with more than the standard midi 128 steps. (I've also got a Vestax VCI-100, but 14bit fader firmware upgrade doesn't look good I'm reading.)

Tech Wizard

Has anyone managed to get the xy pads working properly? I've got the x working but not the y... How do you map them?

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12