Touch OSC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Touch OSC

Default Touch OSC

hi guys first post hear so be nice pretty please

so hears my situation i go traktor pro for christmas so good have a good 3 hour session at least once a day anyway i have TouchOSC the iphone app and i have managed to get it to communicate to max/msp but i have absolutly no idea how to get it to work with traktor pro every tutorial i read or watch is for every bit of software but traktor i know it is possable because i have seen videos on youtube if anyone has any input it would be very much appreciated

i would also like to use the mix 2 layout as the only max/msp selection i have is of the mix 16 layout
    but any help would be grateful

sorry its a long one but this is all new to me and mapping things in traktor is quite a bit harder than in ableton so any hel would be seriously appreciated

Cheers guys hope your all having a wicked new year

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

I think Pro does not yet have OSC support> Bento?

But Im sure you could find a MAX/MSP patch to convert the OSC to Midi and achieve the same thing.

http://hexler.net/touchosc

They have a tutorial on converting your touchosc into midi.

from there it should be a piece of cake!
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

On OS X the program is called OSCulator, which translates the OSC into MIDI signals. I'm working on a TouchOSC-mapping, incidently the Mix2-Layout, but it will a) be rather unusual because I control most of the stuff with a X-Session and a Korg NanoPAD and b) it still needs a bit of work.
    I mix stuff on my things...

Tech Mentor

I just purchased TouchOSC today. ismism, feel free to pm if you need more help. I'm using Traktor Pro and it is able to run it. The modifiers are a godsend. It's enabling me to map a lot of functions to the 20 odd buttons on the first page. When I have everything mapped, I'll post it up.

Tigris, how did you get it to work with Traktor 3.4? I couldn't get it to work on 3.3 for some reason.

Erm, haven't gotten around to change my signature, but I'm using Traktor Pro.
    I mix stuff on my things...

Default traktor pro and touch osc

Hi,
    I am trying to setup touch osc to work with Traktor pro but i have no midi setup experience. I have got it to communicate with pd but how do I do the midi-mapping part? is there a tutorial somewhere?

thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by data4ever View Post
    Hi,
    I am trying to setup touch osc to work with Traktor pro but i have no midi setup experience. I have got it to communicate with pd but how do I do the midi-mapping part? is there a tutorial somewhere?

thanks!!
    In the Traktor Manual - its pretty easy - just activate it as a midi controller and go into the midi mappings section and start assigning stuff. If you have worked with PD then this should be childsplay.

I have dj'd with traktor, NI audio8, a standard mixer and the control records but I have never setup any midi device for anything! I have zero midi experience.
    after reading the setup instructions on http://hexler.net/software/touchosc and setting up pd, I could see pd's mix-2 midi patch responding when I used the controls on the iphone touch osc. so I know I got the wifi communications working. Now what I have no idea is how to map the cross fader in traktor to the cross fader of touchosc on the iphone!!

thanks!!

I read in the traktor manual how to use the "learn" button to assign buttons on the controller but this doesn't seem to work with touchosc. I selected the x-fader then I clicked learn, then pressed the fader on the iphone and nothing happens!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast