numark mixdeck

Thread: numark mixdeck

Tech Student

Default numark mixdeck STILL CANT GET IT TO WORK

I cant seem to get the numark to work with adjusting the right settings. I need to be able to play a song while listening to the other on my headphones. My setup as it stands now i have :

Inputs: None

output: Headphones & speaker

sound card: Asio driver

im running vdj and im totally lost ive been moving the knobs on the set for hours no luck... Please someone i have a gig tommorow and im going insane lol i appreciate any feedbad i can get thanks
    Last edited by dj_sako; 04-01-2011 at 07:18 PM. Reason: UPDATE

Erm have you made sure the cue source is 'flicked' to ch 1/2'. That and making sure the headphones are pluged into the right socket (not MIC socket) and the cue gain is up fairly high (The headphone volume on the mixdeck is pants in my opinion).

The only reason i stated such simple fixes is because you have said you are new to djing and i can't think of anything else that could be dodgy only internally i.e the soundcard. Have you master sound out working??

Edit: Make sure you socket is pluged in fully.
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by michaeldunne109 View Post
    Erm have you made sure the cue source is 'flicked' to ch 1/2'. That and making sure the headphones are pluged into the right socket (not MIC socket) and the cue gain is up fairly high (The headphone volume on the mixdeck is pants in my opinion).

The only reason i stated such simple fixes is because you have said you are new to djing and i can't think of anything else that could be dodgy only internally i.e the soundcard. Have you master sound out working??

Edit: Make sure you socket is pluged in fully.
    thanks man and yeah no hard feelings im new and i need to learn. I have connected everything correctly im pretty sure that the settings are the isuse. When i go to select the output am i selecting external mixer, single speaker, or speaker with headphones. The headphones are from my old numark and i plugged them into the front right next to the image of the headphones lol but i will give it a shot, if you have this unit and got that particular configuration to work please let me know what settings you tweaked, thanks for your responses guys

Quote Originally Posted by dj_sako View Post
    thanks man and yeah no hard feelings im new and i need to learn. I have connected everything correctly im pretty sure that the settings are the isuse. When i go to select the output am i selecting external mixer, single speaker, or speaker with headphones. The headphones are from my old numark and i plugged them into the front right next to the image of the headphones lol but i will give it a shot, if you have this unit and got that particular configuration to work please let me know what settings you tweaked, thanks for your responses guys
    I was hoping it was something simple.P

Are you on vdj or Traktor??

Im using traktor:

Have you selected the mixdeck asio driver from audio setup?? in Traktor that is. I really can't think of what the problem would be and if your using vdj im not much help i havent used vdj since the numark edition sorry. Have you tried posting over on the virtual dj forums??
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by michaeldunne109 View Post
    I was hoping it was something simple.P

Are you on vdj or Traktor??

Im using traktor:

Have you selected the mixdeck asio driver from audio setup?? in Traktor that is. I really can't think of what the problem would be and if your using vdj im not much help i havent used vdj since the numark edition sorry. Have you tried posting over on the virtual dj forums??

not a problem man thanks for the advice, i still havent tried your original idea, i did select asio driver and im using vdj. Im new to vdj im used to the tracktor setup i may just go back to it if i cant figure this out in time. I havent posted on any other forum but i may venture over to the vdj forum and ask them. what setup are you using for the tracktor other than sellecting the mixdeck option under the setup menu. I know with my old setup using the tracktor it was a plug and play type thing, i dont remember making any changes what so ever