RMP-2,5 Alpha vs. NDX-800 vs. CDJ 400
    Tech Student

Default RMP-2,5 Alpha vs. NDX-800 vs. CDJ 400

cheers guys,

this is my first post here so I want to say Hi to all of you!
    I have a small Dj project with my friend, we play some sort of electro house, dubstep, drumstep and sutff on small venues in bars and small clubs around, using traktor and standart midi controllers, such as digital jockeys and X1s etc. but since our project began to grow, we have to move to another level. All bigger clubs around are equipped with cd/mp3 players, mostly pioneer CDJ ones, so we decided do upgrade our stuff too and buy some of them as well. I am currently interested in tree particular ones. My requirements were some sort of qality of course and also possibility to use them as midi controllers for traktor as well.

My favourites are:
    Reloop RMP-2,5 Alpha
    Numark NDX-800
    Pioneer CDJ-400

Do you have any experience with theese players?
    Thank you for any of your answers!

Tech Convert

I don't have a whole lot of experience with any of those players but has to be said the pioneer 400's there built so well, midi compatible and they hold there value very well. The other two are nothing in comparison.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by IanCarter View Post

My favourites are:
    Reloop RMP-2,5 Alpha
    Numark NDX-800
    Pioneer CDJ-400
    I own a pair of Reloop RMP-3's and they are amazing as midi controllers! So much fun to use, I'd go with those over the 2.5's just for the sheer amount of midi buttons at your mapping disposal.

My new setup will be those with the Vestax vci-400 in the middle, and the final END of DECK SWITCH.

The platters are nice and big but without the readout on the platter like more expensive Pioreer's it's not best for scratch DJ's.

USB stick mode is great as well, link two or more together and just use one media drive instead of CD's

So far not much I can say in negative way about them, I don't move them around too much so not sure how they would handle getting lugged out to gigs.