Vci 100 black - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vci 100 black

Quote Originally Posted by lewdelesion View Post
    So, it seems to me that the improvements made to the black version, may also have been made to the v1.2 of the silver which I bought.
    All the hardware on the silver VCI-100 v1.2 is exactly the same as the version 1 hardware. The only change was to the firmware. So yeah, the buttons are probably just breaking in a bit from use. My jog wheels loosened after use etc.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Everyone here (as usual) has basically answered the question perfectly

I just want to be clear about one question about the number of black vci-100's available.

There were at least 500 of the Japanese edition made and there may be more made in the future but that will be at least 6 months out. The reasons for this are more complicated that can be explained here but I can tell you its NOT vestax's choice. There are other players involved that keep these things from getting on the shelf.

There were only 100 Ean Golden editions because it was a limited edition run and the parts are very scarce. As I mentioned before, at the end of June there will be some available because a few people did not want to wait out the extended delay for the 2nd batch of 50. (completely understandable)

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    There has been 2 VCI-100 unit releases the silver and the black, 3 firmware releases 1.1, 1.2, EG SE. In total there has been 4 different combinations of releases as follows -

VCI-100 v1.1 Silver - Jog wheel bugged - High tension buttons
    VCI-100 V1.2 Silver - Jog wheel bug fixed - High tension buttons - Same as above but with firmware update.
    VCI-100 V1.2 Black - Jog wheel bug fixed - Lower tension buttons
    VCI-100 Ean Golden SE - Jog wheel bug fixed - Lower tension buttons - Same as above but with firmware update.

I am pretty sure they have not changes the buttons on the silver units what so ever, maybe what you are experiencing is button wear ?
    It's not button wear. The unit is not very old, and I haven't even put it through much abuse yet.

The tension is definitely less than all the other white buttons above the jog wheels. However, they may have always been like this, and Black edition has even less tension than mine. (I have not used any other edition to really compare)

I could get hand cramping as my skills improve and my sets get longer. I'm just no where near Ean's league in cue juggling.

Well, if you're sure it isn't button wear, then just put it down to the way your unit was put together. As has been mentioned, there's no changes in hardware to the v1.2

Just be happy that it works for your style
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12