Vci 100 black
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vci 100 black

Default Vci 100 black

Can someone tell me is this black vci 100 in stores in europe or he will come next year? or wtf is that???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dmt7...eature=related
    Last edited by Avelin; 05-13-2008 at 03:48 PM.

Tech Guru

that was a special release only in japan (only 100 I think).
    If you want a black one now you need to get an Ean Golden SE version VCI-100, they were all sold out but I think theres a few left now.

I want one but I gots no $$

Tech Mentor

Yup or check out ebay to see if you can get it
    Thank Ya!!!

i really hate when they do something like that. make better vci100 but make only 100 of the. that is bullshit. i want to buy vci100 but i dont like silver color and couple minor things on it.

now i dont know what to buy?
    Xponent is ok but i work with traktor...guess i need to wait the newest vci100!

Tech Mentor

the vci 101. hahaha
    Thank Ya!!!

Tech Mentor

if u want the balck one why dont u sanded,put base and paint it black and then egraved with laser im sure all that can cost u like 100 dollars dont buy the exponent to be honest it fell like cheap toy the vci is solid and awesome let me kno what u have decided and can i ask u something if u dont mind......are u a girl??? i mean dont get me wrong but girls djing i thinks is super hottt

Can someone clarify this for me?

Are the upgrades for the black VCI-100 also the same in the version 1.2 of the silver? I only ask this because of the comments Ean made about the improvements in the video he did on the black version.

I bought a 1.2 version of the silver.

Ean complained about how hard the buttons were below the jog wheels for cue juggling, and how it was cramping his hands. Now with my v1.2, I think the buttons below the jog wheels have much less tension than all the other buttons on the board. I have no cramping when cue juggling, but if I use the other buttons for repeated task, it does cramp my hands. Has the tension been lightened on the v1.2?

Ean also complained about the touch sensitivity on the platters of the old version, and how you had to crank it to the max to get it to work. My v1.2 is only about 2/3 the way, and its plenty sensitive for me.

So, it seems to me that the improvements made to the black version, may also have been made to the v1.2 of the silver which I bought.

Anyone have verification on my hunch?

Quote Originally Posted by luigislaperig View Post
    if u want the balck one why dont u sanded,put base and paint it black and then egraved with laser im sure all that can cost u like 100 dollars dont buy the exponent to be honest it fell like cheap toy the vci is solid and awesome let me kno what u have decided and can i ask u something if u dont mind......are u a girl??? i mean dont get me wrong but girls djing i thinks is super hottt
    No i am not a girl . Name is from italy so...there is a small difference between man and woman! (and city in italy is avelino). About vci100, i was thinking to paint it in black with golden dots but i dont know how to retain this letters on him. Only if i write them back by marker or something.

There has been 2 VCI-100 unit releases the silver and the black, 3 firmware releases 1.1, 1.2, EG SE. In total there has been 4 different combinations of releases as follows -

VCI-100 v1.1 Silver - Jog wheel bugged - High tension buttons
    VCI-100 V1.2 Silver - Jog wheel bug fixed - High tension buttons - Same as above but with firmware update.
    VCI-100 V1.2 Black - Jog wheel bug fixed - Lower tension buttons
    VCI-100 Ean Golden SE - Jog wheel bug fixed - Lower tension buttons - Same as above but with firmware update.

I am pretty sure they have not changes the buttons on the silver units what so ever, maybe what you are experiencing is button wear ?

Quote Originally Posted by Avelin View Post
    No i am not a girl . Name is from italy so...there is a small difference between man and woman! (and city in italy is avelino). About vci100, i was thinking to paint it in black with golden dots but i dont know how to retain this letters on him. Only if i write them back by marker or something.
    Get really good at an airbrush
    or you might be able to get letting lasered out of plastic that you could use as a stencil. Then lots of clear over the top.

Sand, Prime, Paint, Buff, Stenciling then Clear.

Theres also label makers, but i imagine labels would not last very long. At least they are very easily modifiable ! Which i think is pretty important, i don't know about you guys but my layout changes every couple of days lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast