Kenton Killamix Mini + Traktor

Default Kenton Killamix Mini + Traktor

Hey all

I recently purchased a Kenton Killamix Mini to control Traktor. I'm switching my system from a traditional turntables-scratch live rig to just this. I'm curious if anyone has any advice for someone trying to get their foot in the door of controllerism, with a controller like this. How can I get the most out of it? What software mods or tricks can I do? (currently using MIDIPipe just for data routing purposes, would be curious what else I could bang out of it.) (I'm also new to Traktor, btw.)

I'm also wondering if i'll be better off using Ableton Live or Traktor, but for now I'll be starting with Traktor.

For those that don't know, the Killamix Mini has 9 knobs, 9 buttons, and one joystick. There are 16 channels for all of these so in total, 144 knobs, 144 buttons, 16 joysticks. Buttons can be set to toggle or hold, I have the joystick set up to act as 4 buttons (Left, right, up, down). The knobs are infinite encoders and have lights for their position. They remember their positions in their respective channel.

Thanks!

try something like this in traktor 3!

Right now I have it set up as

CH1

(All decks A/B)
    Knobs:
    1/8: Track volumes
    2/7: EQ high
    3/6: EQ mid
    4/5: EQ low
    9: crossfader

Buttons:
    1/5: play
    2/6: cue play
    3/7: cue pause
    4/8: reverse
    9: load track to focus

Joystick:
    up: browse previous
    down: browse next
    left: focus deck A
    right: focus deck B

CH2

Same as CH1 but for decks C/D

I have 16 channels
    I should probably mention that pushing in a knob changes the channel. Holding knob 9 and pushing any knob up to knob-7 are also additional channels.

Looks nice mathorn.

I was looking into this one, but I did not know how to use it. So I decided to continue my search.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

only problem with killamix is the price! but i might look at to use alongside my xsession pro