VCI-100 + Nano pad = HELPPPP
    Tech Convert

Default VCI-100 + Nano pad = HELPPPP

Hello DJTT!

I was wondering this. I'm a typical house DJ, so my needs for samples and effects are not that much. Despite all this i'm starting to become more and more afficionado with Hip Hop and r'n b. They require a lot of effects and samples. I have at the moment a vci 100 and traktor. And i was thinking on buying a korg nano pad to run some samples. My ideia is to control decks A and B with vci and lay down 2 tracks on decks C and D only filled with samples assingned as hot cues in nanopad. Is this possible? How will i do this?

Please help!

Goyhaz DJ
    Portugal

beware korg nanopads aren't the greatest, the pads have a tendency to malfunction(know this from experience) . Go for the akai lpd8 instead.

Tech Convert

Hello!

Thanks for the tip! Anyway what about the tsi for this?

The second generation nanopads (which have either just been released or are just about to be) are supposed to be much better, don't know how they compare to the lpd8 which is definitely a very good value controller.

In terms of mappings, there may be a tsi out there for you (check the thread in the controller mappings forum called 'the list') but it would be very, very easy to map yourself. You just need to assign each button to a 'select set + store hotcue' function with a modifier condition of 0 (you can probably use M1, which you'd map to another button as a shift) and a 'delete hotcue' commands to the same buttons with M1=1 conditions.

And if that doesn't make sense, you need to read tom bruton's free online book on the subject, midi mapping for bums.

Also, are you planning on getting Traktor Pro 2? It comes with dedicated sample decks.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

Yes I'm Planing to do it! traktor 2 is going to be a bomb on the digital dj! Hope getting it soon...

Tech Convert

One question... The dedicated sample decks of Tp2 are similar to the ones in tS4? because those ones only play the tracks they don't cue them(like stutter in dennon cd players)

They're the same as S4. I'm not quite sure what you mean, but the sample decks are tempo synced and can play one shots or loops.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Tech Convert

The one shot's you've mentioned are my problem. For instance if you want to lauch a sample of a scream acording to the beat, it's kinda hard. You have to press twice the play button. Once to stop it and once again to play it again

I'm pretty sure you can map a retrigger function, but I haven't played with that to see what it does yet.