Loop Recorder in External Mixer Mode

Default Loop Recorder in External Mixer Mode

Hi

Im a bit confused at what happens here, it seems that you need to route your mixer back to traktor via firewire to get the loop sampler working... is there something im missing should it not just record directly since this is causing issues due to poor recording quality.
    MBP 2012, Traktor Scratch Pro, Kontrol X4, 1x Midi Fighters, TR-8

Tech Mentor

U gotta route ur mixer back to ur soundcard, and select one of the line in's as fx return and then chose cd timecode/line and it works. At leastt thats how i did it. Idk bout u since u have scratch pro.
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.

Hi

I tried that before but I get some nasty feedback, Im not sure what to do... maybe its something to do with having the same signal going too and from on one firewire cable?

Tech Mentor

Oo i dont know about firewire, and it probably is. Thats why the new cards have like an extra channel. Traktor is making us buy more crap.
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.

My mixer has a couple of return channels one for recording so thats the one I use, I reduced the sample rate and it seems to be doing better but, I still dont understand how to get the loop recorder routed to a channel.

Right sorted it, although it wasnt as clear as it could be, you just need to route the effects send to another channel and this plays the loop recorder, and reduce the sample rate then route the effects return via the mix return on the mixer... all working and a happy bunny

Tech Wizard

yay cool it does work in the demo

Tech Convert

I am bringing the output of the loop recorder back though a channel on my UREI 1620. When I turn up the volume of the loop recorder, it sounds behind the track that is currently playing. As I turn the loop recorder up more it begins to sound almost like a feedback loop.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks,

I haven't set this up yet, I tried and failed.
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.