Audio Interface Comparison
    Tech Convert

Default Audio Interface Comparison

I need to get a new Audio Interface for my new VCI-100 + Traktor Pro setup. I currently have the M-Audio Connectiv module (remnant of Torq setup). I moved away from Torq for many reasons. The Connectiv Module is lacking compared to other audio interfaces like the Native Instruments Audio Control 1 and Audio 8. I know there are others but I do not have a complete list or data to compare them in order to make a purchase decision. I can, over time, compile the info and decide on one, but I want the best Audio interface now....

I would greatly appreciate if everyone who reads this thread take a minute to reply with the Audio Interface they are using. If you have a few more minutes .. I would like to know what are some pros and cons to the Audio Interface.

This topic would probably make a good article

.:InfInItI:.

ean made a good video comparing audio interfaces that work best with what you have.

Conclusion seems to be that the audio 8 is heavily used by many DJs, but ean recommended the presonous firebox.
    He also has a video for best soundcards under 200 bucks

check out the vids on youtube and decide for yourself.

I went with the audiofire2 because im a not-so-serious dj

Quote Originally Posted by InfInItI View Post
    I need to get a new Audio Interface for my new VCI-100 + Traktor Pro setup. I currently have the M-Audio Connectiv module (remnant of Torq setup). I moved away from Torq for many reasons. The Connectiv Module is lacking compared to other audio interfaces like the Native Instruments Audio Control 1 and Audio 8. I know there are others but I do not have a complete list or data to compare them in order to make a purchase decision. I can, over time, compile the info and decide on one, but I want the best Audio interface now....

I would greatly appreciate if everyone who reads this thread take a minute to reply with the Audio Interface they are using. If you have a few more minutes .. I would like to know what are some pros and cons to the Audio Interface.

This topic would probably make a good article

this link should help
    http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=sound+card+vci-100

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

There is no overall best soundcard. We need a budget, and requirements of what you need, and are using now, etc. etc. etc. I could recommend the Numark DJ I/O or the Korg Zero8, drastically different prices and functionality.

So give us some details.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    There is no overall best soundcard. We need a budget, and requirements of what you need, and are using now, etc. etc. etc. I could recommend the Numark DJ I/O or the Korg Zero8, drastically different prices and functionality.

So give us some details.
    Off the top of my head, my requirements would be:
    - Audio Interface Only: No additional functionality like the Korg Zero8.
    - A MIC Input
    - At least 4 outs (2 stereo)
    - Pristine Audio output quality (24-bit, etc)
    - Solid performance: known to work well with a number of OSs and Software
    - Solid build quality, should look good ..
    - Certification with Traktor a plus ...

I would like to leave cost out of the equation to arrive at the top 3 or so and then figure which is best bang for the buck.

For that I'd go with Audio 8 DJ, myself. I have it, it's crisp, clean, has loads of ins and outs.

My only complaint is that my headphones lose connection if it's moved too much, but I just jiggle it and it works fine. And I think this is just a bug with mine, not a huge thing.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    For that I'd go with Audio 8 DJ, myself. I have it, it's crisp, clean, has loads of ins and outs.

My only complaint is that my headphones lose connection if it's moved too much, but I just jiggle it and it works fine. And I think this is just a bug with mine, not a huge thing.
    Thanks .. I was leaning toward the Audio 8 anyhow. Other than the number of channels, why would you chose the Audio 8 over the Audio Kontrol 1, given the $150 price difference?

Tech Convert

wh138707 Thanks for googling it for me ....

I think the perspectives of the experienced Digital DJs throughout this forum will yield better results than a Google search, which I did.

I saw the videos you mentioned, but was looking for additional information beyond the videos.

Quote Originally Posted by InfInItI View Post
    wh138707 Thanks for googling it for me ....

I think the perspectives of the experienced Digital DJs throughout this forum will yield better results than a Google search, which I did.

I saw the videos you mentioned, but was looking for additional information beyond the videos.

haha i was just being a sarcastic arse.

im glad you took the joke well.

I recommend the audio 8. It was too much money for my pocket, but if you can afford it, it will last for years (or so ive read 1000000 times)

I recommend it because it has RCA outs and almost everything in the DJ booth uses RCA, which alleviates the need for more connectors and all. Also, I have no need for MIDI assignments on my interface. Some people will use this, I won't. Also, if you ever want to use time code, you can.

And, finally there are more ins and outs. This is just handy when you want it to be.

It's built like a tank, feels solid and weighty, and it sounds pretty damn crisp. It's a little pricey, I guess, but you get quite a bit. If you're definitely never going to use time code than there are other options, but I think it's a solid box.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall