Blank PDF MIDI mapping forms here - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I understand how basic mapping works, and I have got it working.

But watching the video ian3dge did on the one he made makes me want more from my controller, he seems to hold the shift button down and basically doubles what the faders and knobs can do.

Here is the video if you haven't seen it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UipT7QvMjcM

Now I have the basic mapping controls ie faders/pitch control/nudge/play pause/bass,mid,high etc. I even routed some of the FX to other knobs.

What I'm after is the way he can manipulate the controller to control pretty much everything on the screen including the crates and track selection.

I'm unsure on how he does it, if anyone has any ideas on how then please feel free to share

Tech Mentor

BTW let's get back on topic.
    Mapping forms!

You rock! I posted it there but my requests are VCI-100, Trigger Finger, and M-Audio X-Sessions Pro. Big thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by carlcurtis83 View Post
    I'm unsure on how he does it, if anyone has any ideas on how then please feel free to share
    It's using modifiers, pretty simple once you get the hang of it. Check out tom bruton's free download book 'midi mapping for bums'

now, indeed, back on topic
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    You rock! I posted it there but my requests are VCI-100, Trigger Finger, and M-Audio X-Sessions Pro. Big thanks!
    Vci is in the list already. (special edition has the same layout, only the 8 buttons at the bottom are round. You should be able to work with that)
    Ill do the other two asap!
    Last edited by joostiisme; 04-05-2011 at 03:48 AM.

Tech Mentor

Added a few more (trigger finger and x session pro incl.) to the server, should be in the list soon!

Quote Originally Posted by joostiisme View Post
    Added a few more (trigger finger and x session pro incl.) to the server, should be in the list soon!
    They are in the list now
    www.traktorbible.com/freaks
    The largest (and original) Traktor midi maps portal on the internet.

Hey man just spotted this and used the X1 template. Awesome work dude!!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Default New Maschine Midi Template - Vectored from Scratch

I havn't added the forms yet, but i will soon as I have acrobat as well. Doing all of this from scratch in vector at full print quality resolution was a task in itself. also there is no image compression so it comes out crystal clear on the print. I use blank ones to write in stuff like what midi channel/note/cc/etc something is in the white area, which makes entering those output's so much easier.

i designed this because i simply needed it to do some of the extremely complex midi mapping with modifiers and macros i was doing. I'm working on a traktor pro 2 ultimate mapping and this is going to be part of that. I started on it awhile back for traktor pro 1.27 but put it on hold for a month when they announced traktor pro 2 was coming out soon and i didnt want to do a megaton of work just to have to redo it. So I'm back on that project. the feedback im integrating is unreal. I was discussing my mapping with dj endo and he asked me how i got one of the features to work so I guess you could say I know what I'm doing

Feedback would be appreciated, I'm releasing this part of the project now so I can hopefully get other people using it and improve it. everything is still in vector in my original psd in its own layer and grouping so i can make any adjustments necessary.

http://www.djjoeblack.com/assets/mas...compressed.pdf
    [ Soundcloud | BandPage @ Facebook ]
    Gear: Macbook Pro, Motu 828, Heavily Self Modded Audio 8, Mackie D.4 Pro, Maschine, Kontrol X1, APC40, LPK25

I use a ptouch labeler to label all my buttons once i get something worked out which kind of explains why its done the way it is.
    [ Soundcloud | BandPage @ Facebook ]
    Gear: Macbook Pro, Motu 828, Heavily Self Modded Audio 8, Mackie D.4 Pro, Maschine, Kontrol X1, APC40, LPK25

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast