Apogee Duet 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apogee Duet 2

Tech Wizard

Default Apogee Duet 2

Over the last week I've been thorn between getting the Apogee Duet and another soundcards with more Outs as the Duet only has one output signal for the main out and headphone out. It seems many people have been requesting separate main and heaphone out and that Apogee have been listening. Definately picking up one of these bad boys when they are released. This will probably be the best soundcard available for DJs using Ableton or Traktor where only a stereo output and headphone cue is needed. This piece of kit is very impressive looking

Apogee Duet 2
    2 IN x 4 OUT USB audio interface for Mac

Completely redesigned mic preamps and converters
    4 outputs, Independent speaker and headphone outs
    Balanced outputs
    USB 2.0 high speed connectivity
    24-bit/192kHz recording
    Full color OLED display
    Configurable touch pads
    Maestro 2 software
    Breakout box (sold separately)
    Redesigned Breakout Cable
    Soft Limit
    Duet/Duet 2 Comparison Chart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnEsjWovoOk

Full list of features here: http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/duet2.php
    Last edited by thisisdjkaz; 03-31-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Tech Guru

It's lovely.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Wizard

Agreed...I've been using the Audio 2 for a few months now but when I saw this I'm aiming to pick it up when it hits the shelves. I haven't heard much about Apogee before though (save in some of the forums)...is the audio quality that good? I'm wondering how it will stack up compared to the M-Audio products like the 1010-Lt.
    Setup 1: 2010 13'MBP 128gig SSD, VCI-100se, Audio 2DJ,
    Setup 2: Custom Desktop, AMD 2.4GHz 3core, 80gig SSD, 1Tb archive drive, 1010lt M-Audio soundcard

Tech Wizard

Guess everyone jumped ship on this one but I had to post up: This thing is incredible compared to what I've used before. Just listening through headphones I'm blown away...I can't wait to get it to the club
    Setup 2: Custom Desktop, AMD 2.4GHz 3core, 80gig SSD, 1Tb archive drive, 1010lt M-Audio soundcard

I've owned a lot of high end soundcards and now I've got an Apogee Duet (1) for some time. Hands down the best sounding soundcard I've ever had, so I'm guessing the successor won't be too shabby either. If you have the money, this is a serious no-brainer...
    Last edited by DennisHuiberts; 06-01-2011 at 10:14 AM.
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

amazing soundcards these

Tech Wizard

I wish I would have know before...I used a couple of M-audio Products (1010-LT & the 410 Delta I believe) and I have been using the NI Audio 2 DJ but this makes them really pale in comparison. Glad I sunk the cash into it!

It's on my short list of things to buy if/when I get into recording. I think it's overkill for DJing, but…well…that's the fun part, right?

I've never heard a bad thing about Apogee converters from anyone that's used them, and this is just the thing for a project studio.

Tech Mentor

I keep thinking about investing in one of these now for my 'on the go' rig since PT 9 isn't tied to just Avid/Digi interfaces! and i wouldn't need more than this since the only 'on the go' recording id be doing would involve either an acoustic guitar or some vocals (both of which for a final mix id rather run through my UA 710) for demos.

I've used an Apogee Ensemble once once and the only interface in its league for 'price' to me was the Prism Sound Orpheus and that costs double the Ensemble!
    Production - 24" iMac. Digidesign 003+ Rack. Genelec 8020A Monitors. UA 710 Twin Finity Preamp. Many Microphones.
    DJ - 15" MBP. Traktor Pro 2. Audio DJ 2. Kontrol X1. Maschine. MidiFighter Pro. AIAIAI TMA-1 Headphones.
    Website Soundcloud Email

wooooooow $564? Does it make coffee as well, or just output/input music?
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast