Will we see the s4 come down in price?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Will we see the s4 come down in price?

It comes with a full version of traktor pro 2??

What about all the people that already have traktor pro 2?

Will we see a version available without the software?

Any thoughts

cheers all
    Gav
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

thats a very good point, im sure they will have to release a controller only now that most people will have tsp2. Keep your eyes peeled for something i say
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Tech Convert

What I've read from their forums is that from now on S4 will be shipped with TP2 and existing S4 users got (will get) a free upgrade to Traktor Pro 2.

Imho it's a wise call from them, now they don't have to maintain two separate Traktor SW branches (S4 and Pro 2), so they can combine the resources on one product only. I have my doubts that they would release a new controller simply because the SW was upgraded. Traktor S4 SW was basically a Traktor Pro 2 without the colored waveforms, so the upgrade from S4 to TP2 is not that major

Quote Originally Posted by Laite View Post
    What I've read from their forums is that from now on S4 will be shipped with TP2 and existing S4 users got (will get) a free upgrade to Traktor Pro 2.

Imho it's a wise call from them, now they don't have to maintain two separate Traktor SW branches (S4 and Pro 2), so they can combine the resources on one product only. I have my doubts that they would release a new controller simply because the SW was upgraded. Traktor S4 SW was basically a Traktor Pro 2 without the colored waveforms, so the upgrade from S4 to TP2 is not that major
    not sure you got me?

not asking them to release another controller just wondering if we would see an s4 package for sale without the software as i will already have both normal pro and scratch pro already. i don't need another copy of the software.

Surely i'm not the only one in this situation.

Gav

If they don't, they will miss out on a growing target group which owns Tpro 2 and are looking for an interesting controller. Buying the S4+Pro2 combo when already owning Tpro2 could actually be a reason to look for a different controller.

I don't think those would need two different resource lines...
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Quote Originally Posted by Michielygil View Post
    If they don't, they will miss out on a growing target group which owns Tpro 2 and are looking for an interesting controller. Buying the S4+Pro2 combo when already owning Tpro2 could actually be a reason to look for a different controller.

I don't think those would need two different resource lines...
    you get me

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    not sure you got me?

not asking them to release another controller just wondering if we would see an s4 package for sale without the software as i will already have both normal pro and scratch pro already. i don't need another copy of the software.

Surely i'm not the only one in this situation.

Gav
    Hah, true I was just thinking of the subject of this topic and the current situation in which the S4 controller is sold as a bundle. Yeah, it might be possible and quite reasonable to expect that NI would sell only the controller.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

It comes with a full version of traktor pro 2??
    Yes. KS4 is a complete DJ solution. It is supposed to provide everything in a box and it will always come with the full version of the latest software (or so ive been led to believe, pretty sure of that)

What about all the people that already have traktor pro 2?
    Doesnt seem that that is a concern for NI. Just like their scratch upgrade product they come with the software.

They have always billed as an All-In-One solution. Its aimed t people that have no software which is a bit short sighted.

Will we see a version available without the software?

Doubful. To reduce the price of the Kontroller for a hardware only version would be very difficult for NI. I think its been sold at a pretty low price point within the controller market.

The software bundle help keep the price at what it is but if you take software and soundcard out of the price you not left much for the just the controller.

I just dont think they will do it.

Is the sound card in it just the equivalent of an audio4? Maybe not even that? its one out and 2 ins isn't it?

i cant see them reducing it. with or without the software. supply cant keep up with demand as it is... its like apple i guess - they dont reduce their products because they sell regardless.

you can always sell your copy of TP2 or the copy that comes with the controller.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast