MacBook Pro: glossy or matte?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default MacBook Pro: glossy or matte?

Hi,

I'm about to get a MacBook Pro but don't know if to go for the glossy or matte display (wouldn't mind the "older" MBP if that's what's needed to get matte). Any opinions? Did anyone have a chance to compare them side-by-side?

It comes down the preference really, i prefer matte screens because you dont get nowhere near as much glare bouncing off the screen.

Matte

go for matte, mat mate. lolz! (try saying that really fast!)

Matte - I hate those new MBPs. They're toilet.

I went into apple and i couldn't believe my eyes. I asked the store guy about it and he was all sheepish saying a lot of people have been put off. Fine for the straight up MB but for pro hardware and video and graphics etc you want a screen that's going to give the truest reflection (no pun intended) of an image, and a glossy screen just doesn't do that.

In terms of playing gigs etc i can just envisage lights from clubs reflecting on the screen making it hard to see the text. Choosing music in a club using text rather than flicking through a record box is hard enough. It shouldn't be made harder with a glossy screen!

Very poor from apple

This company is UK based but they do great deals on older models of MB

http://www.jigsaw24.com/default.aspx...CC&v=&vbc=&vc=

Peace

CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Thanks guys, that pretty much reflects also my opinion but wanted to get a feeling if others think the same.

@nemo: tried it

I have a glossy screen I was scared that I would have too much glare in the clubs, and really I havent had any problems (yet)

I hate the new MB & MBP pro's they have the Raiders color scheme if you know what I mean...

Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

guys, just wanted to revive this thread as i'm currently specing a mbp out. seems that the consensus was matte.

any word from people who own glossy and have seen the matte and prefer that (or had problems with that in clubs / low light situations?)

I have the unibody mbp with a glossy screen and i love it. it definitely comes down to preference. i use mine for graphic design and visual effects as well as djing. i was a bit worried about glare but the screen is so bright that i can even use it outdoors in direct sunlight without too much trouble. i would suggest getting the glossy screen and if you have problems just purchase an anti glare overlay that sticks to the screen which is basically what apple will to if you do go for the matte option, except if you do it yourself its nowhere near as expensive.

regards dave

dave, thanks for the extremely fast reply! much appreciated.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast