Traktor Control S4 VS Numark S6 VS 1000$ other.

View Poll Results: What would you pick?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tacktor Kontrol s4

8 61.54%
  • Numark NS6

2 15.38%
  • Another Controler for $800-$1000

3 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default Traktor Control S4 VS Numark S6 VS 1000$ other.

Hey all,
    Trying to decide which controller to buy. Please let me know your thought and opinions.
    Also whats the deal with people hating on these controllers because they are not "vinyl" ?
    Is there a better option for the same price range or 800-1000$?

Thanks!

if you get the s4 not only do you get a top grade product you get the software included with the price ... worth it imo

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

I have just purchased a Kontrol S4, all i can do is comment on that. I will tell you its the best piece of kit ive ever bought. I used to have cdj's, then i discovered traktor and thought it pointless using the cdjs with timecode as i wasnt using the software to its capabilities. So i decided id try 2 kontrol x1's. I got them and kinda missed having the jog wheels for manual beatmatching because i didnt want to just use the snc button all the time. I then started to read about the vestax vci-100 and thought id like to try that, i got one and yeah they are great but it just didnt suit me, i wanted more control over 4 decks so after many reviews read and videos watched i decided to take the plunge and get an S4, and im so glad i did, it works flawlessly with traktor, i know u have to switch between controlling deck A and C but the important thing is having the 4 channel mixer makes things so much better than having 2 between 4 decks, so now ive gone from having 3 controllers and a soundcard to just 1 controller and i think it does the job a 100 times better, the jog wheels are excellent and you can manually beatmatch no problem if your used to cdjs at all then these are smaller yeah but they feel great, good weight to them and they do a fantastic job. Like i said the best piece of gear ive bought, im now selling mt pioneer mixer as all i need is the S4.. hope someone can come alomng and give u a review on the numark too so u get both sides.. good luck with gettin your new controller dude
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Thank you!!! i think traktor is great software especially with the new traktor 2 out!!!

Tech Student

I am also in the market for a new controller. I currently have a Numark V7(use it along with my partners V7, got a sick deal from a local DJ store), however I have not been impressed by ITCH. First got started in Traktor and had a great experience using controllers. For parties in which I am DJing by myself I'm looking to get back into Traktor 2 with the Kontrol S4.

Has anyone had the chance to actually try out the Numark S6, a couple of guys form my local DJ store got to try it out and have nothing but good reviews on it. Having trouble making up my mind.. . ..

Tech Wizard

I purchased a pair of Reloop Contours and I think they are amazing. I'm currently almost done a full Traktor 2.0 mapping for them.

I do not recommend getting the "Controller" versions as you just pay more for built in sound cards that would be better spent getting an Audio 8 or Audio 10. So best option is the "Interface" editions. They are about $300 a piece online. Will also need to upgrade to Traktor Pro 2.0.

Since I already had a pair of turntables and a mixer, (and Traktor Scratch) the Contours were perfect for my setup. (as I did not need an all-in-one controller)

It works out to be cheaper to buy an all-in-one like the S4 as it has the mixer, sound card and upgraded software all included. But if you already have some of these components, it is worth considering separate controllers like the Contours.

They do not have pitch control faders on them, so that makes some pitch tricks near impossible (although easy to map pitch control to something else, it does not compare to a fader) but the controllers more than make up for it with separate faders for each sample deck and an absolutely amazing touch sensitive platter that has a total of 5 states that can be programmed. (plus shift in each state)

Personally (next to Technics turntables... ) I think they are the most solid pieces of gear I have ever owned. All faders, buttons, encoders, dial and platter are top notch quality. Everything lights up for programming of each LED for visual feedback. Wish it had an LED for loop length feedback, but whatever.

I'm going to post up the mappings for them when I'm done. (been working on them for 2 weeks now. ) Overall though I highly recommend the hardware in my experience so far.

Tech Student

I guess my main issue is merely the fact that I do not own a mixer(I usually have a to borrow a friends when I use the V7), and most of the mixers I was looking around for are pretty expensive. Dropping $1000 for the the Kontrol S4 and the flight case seems worth it, since I can easily flip the V7 at some point for some money back.

Trying to go for an all in one at this point. Contours look pretty nice, but without the mixer its not usable for me.