**NI Kontrol X1 + Audio 2 Set Up Problem** >>Advice Please!!<<

Default **NI Kontrol X1 + Audio 2 Set Up Problem** >>Advice Please!!<<

Hey guys not sure if this is the right place to post this, mods please move this thread if necessary. Ok.. so I have the S4 and when I installed the S4 it asked me if I wanted to install the X1 and A2 drivers as well which I did.

So 2 nights ago I decided to try out my new X1 and A2 for the 1st time. I hooked up the 2 cables from channel A + B into channels 1 + 2 respectively. I switched my Audio setting to A2. Then I went to Output and tried to choose External mode but there was nothing, only Internal. Why? When I started up Traktor S4 Software, I tested the X1 before loading a track and everything seemed fine. So I loaded a track and started my set. Everything was going ok until when I started to mix in my next track. When I did this it started playing out through channel 1! :eek: I suspected this happened cos I didn't choose External mode, but there wasn't this option in my Traktor.. Why?

What did I miss guys or what did I do wrong? Is there something I still need to install? I have everything updated and installed. Thanks.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Unless you have an external mixer it needs to be set to internal.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Unless you have an external mixer it needs to be set to internal.
    I was using an External mixer, sorry I should have been more clear in my 1st message. I had my A2 plugged into the external mixer but in my Traktor there was no External mode so I could switch from internal mode to external.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

But you're using an S4 with everything right?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I think he was trying to mix with the X1 and the mixer. You don't have external as an option by default in S4 there is a hack, but it's a pretty pointless work around considering you get a free update to T2 which lets you mix externally.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x