Numark CM200USB

Thread: Numark CM200USB

Default Numark CM200USB

Alright, so like every one else im Djing off my computer. My current set up for outputting all my sounds (Tracks, Mics) is kinda complicated because i need to use a digital preamp that i can route out through my computer and then i need to use a analog mixer to connect my MIC, MP3, and all my back up cd stuff.

http://www.numark.com/cm200usb

I came across this beauty which i think might do EVERY thing im looking for in a mixer. Usb conections)which can be set as master or a line incase you still want to mix with your controller), phono, line, 1/4inch and then rca/usb/xlr outputs. As you can see this would solve my problem of having to use two preamp mixers. However im unsure of how many different virtual ports i can make via usb and latency of it all. Has any one used this before?

Personally I haven't used that exact mixer, but I've done sets on an older version, without the USB capability. For the money they are very, very good. I couldn't find specs on the audio card but I would assume they are adequate. You do get what you pay for with pro audio gear, so I wouldn't expect the same quality, as, say a MOTU interface, but probably good enough.

As for the mixer itself, they are mostly very durable. I've seen mixers in the same series in touring service for years. The line switches however are very flimsy, so avoid using them as transforms.

One note to make is also that Numark has a 3-year warranty on all their mixers and they have very good customer service. They don't make you wait around.

Cheers
    -Dj Lucid

Hmm see im still debating, cause like i could use a 5 channel mixer and shit, but if i get that i would sell my "sound card" which i would need if i ever do clubs (lol then again might be awhile) but i was wondering if i should just stick with using my huge "sound card" and my crappy mixer. With that i still dont have an output right to active speakers unless i buy a converter from rca to xlr.