Help on Ableton Live + Traktor Pro - Mac
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Help on Ableton Live + Traktor Pro - Mac

I've read Bento San post_Smart Mixing but I couldn't set it up. Can anyone help posting TSI files and Jack configurations files?

My main problem (I guess) is with Jack. I'm having problems with routing it.

Thanks!
    Macbook Pro, VCI-100 HW + firmware 1.3, Traktor Pro, Audio Kontrol 1, Korg Microkontrol.

jackrouter can't save routings. which is a pain. so, you have to go in and manually assign the correct routing. you know, just 1:1, 2:2, 3:3, etc as laid out in the ableton session.

if you aren't trying to send clock info, use sound flower. its easier to use in my opinion. however, if your computer can rock it, go all out and send all that clock info. i got it to work on my powerbook, but it got a bit warm and traktor didn't get along with ableton particularly well. i think im just going to wait for integrated software (serato and live?!).

Tech Wizard

Default Thanks Sebastian83

Thanks man , for your tip. I'm studying this ableton+traktor stuff in mac, but I think I need more extra time. First of all, I'm trying just to sen audio but planning for send midi as well. Thanks for Soundflower tip.
    Macbook Pro, VCI-100 HW + firmware 1.3, Traktor Pro, Audio Kontrol 1, Korg Microkontrol.

yeah, bentosan's article is good.

my biggest difficulty was keeping the clock stable. anything beyond that is just going to be trouble. as in that article, getting the clock to fly right requires a bit of voodoo majik to run. but, if you DO get it working PLEASE POST HOW YOU DID IT! Also, if you are successful sending midi through either/both programs, post that as well.

keeping a clock between programs/hardware is a tricky one. if you look at big act's set ups, you'll see some interesting clock hardware. i know daft punk uses a (relatively) cheap sequencer as their master clock that runs INTO ableton, etc. it is a tool that does very little other than keep time. because, if that thing goes... you are SOL and are better off with turntables and vinyl.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian83 View Post
    my biggest difficulty was keeping the clock stable.
    I am working really hard on this but i keep running into brickwalls- best method i have found is to manually sync.

If you want to do tempo changes then set Abletons tempo range as traktors on a midi knob, put Trakors clock in manuual mode - now when you make changes to the tempo they will be the same in both programs.

This does a pretty good job of keeping things in time

that is pretty clever. i'll try working with that. although, i am trying to keep my knob tweaking to a minimum when dealing with sync'ing. but hey, if i can do on-the-fly remixing _and_ hop back into traktor, that would be pretty cool!

do you have any mixes using your cross-program techs? i would really like to see this thing in action. by the time i have a mix going, my computer starts to get angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian83 View Post
    do you have any mixes using your cross-program techs? i would really like to see this thing in action. by the time i have a mix going, my computer starts to get angry.
    Not at the moment, i have been working on\testing\practicing the hell out of my Live 7 Ableton SmartMixing setup i made recently to be honest.

I did get a video camera for chrismas though so i can show some of the stuff i am doing. I just need to get some editing software, some screen capture software and ill be good to go.

right on.

another big problem was dealing with screen real estate. i think two screens showing the respective software is important. something that is not particularly easy with a laptop... once you do record something, please post it! hopefully ean will get on the bandwagon as well.

Ive figured out the whole making it fit with the screen real estate.

Basicly i chuck a moldover and get rid of everything i dont need to see within ableton. That topped off with changing in and out of browse mode inside of Traktor to see the playlist gets things to fit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast