Help with using Traktor mix techniques for Drum and Bass

Default Help with using Traktor mix techniques for Drum and Bass

Hi,

I'm now trying out some new stuff beyond the mix in/let play/mix out and slamming track a out of track b (if those make any sense at all) and I've run into some problems.. I tried Ean's 5 techniques video out ( link) and I'm having quite a bit of difficulty getting the loop roll mix to sound right. admittedly I play liquid and atmospheric styles of drum and bass so there just might not be the right sounds for the mix to work in the songs I am using, but I'd sure like to see it done "right" in a mix or possibly a video where someone could show the technique in traktor but using drum and bass tracks. If anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it

Mike

Try setting your BPMs to /2 (like 80-90 instead of 160-180) and see if that helps get you sorted; I find the quantized effects sound much better when traktor thinks the speed is halftime.

Tech Wizard

Sometimes what I'll do is get a loop going of a faster song (like 130-135) and increase the speed of it to 160 as I fade in to a drum n bass track. Really builds the energy up.