iTunes library management
    Tech Convert

Default iTunes library management

Hello every body!

I have a music organization question for people with multiple computers(macs).

I have a imac and a mbpro. I keep my library of music on my imac(iTunes) and want to start keeping it on my Glyph portagig. So i always have hard copy of my library to use between.
    I want to use my laptop to Dj form the glyph on the mbpro.
    I organized and consolidated my library on the glyph. All the mp3's carried over fine with data...all my wav's did't. So I have half a library with just song titles on my external.
    How do i go about getting my entire music library on to an external so i can use on multiple computers and not lose data?

I followed the instructions of a few different tutorials..using the iTunes functions to perform the copy/transfer

This is the first major hurdle I have...besides every time i buy a damn wav off beatport I get no info or art work

I have mp3's but think the sound quality blows compared to wav. my 2 cents on that.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Why don't you just copy the music folder over onto the hard drive?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

hi jojo tahnks for the response.
    I read that just copying the folder doesn't work...i will try it when i get back home tomorrow as my original try didn't quite work....it almost did...just the .wav's lost all info. I know there isn't meta data associated with wav files. I did rip these from cd and they had the info on my other mac though.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You'll have to keep the collection.nml file update as well and that should keep the wav's updated. As far as the library just point both iTunes to the same folder on teh hard drive and I think it'll work.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

i think i found a tutorial i will try later. Jojo was right.
    Thanks