OT: Do you make your own graphics?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default OT: Do you make your own graphics?

Hey DJTT

I was just wondering if anyone here creates there own logos and things like that.

I downloaded inkscape. I have some experience with Autocadd so I can sort of play inkscape to figure it out.

I made my avatar for here as you can now see on display just to the left of everything I say.

inkscape is free and it seems to be, at least, powerful enough for my limited knowledge of digital design.

I plan I creating my own blog/site in the next couple weeks to help promote myself in the area and beyond so I thought it would be cool to make some of my own original things on there.

What programs do DJTT find useful for graphic design? or do you just get your buddy to do it?

EDIT: So apparently I dont have this avatar thing down yet, just my profile picture. Its comming.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

adobe illustrator/photoshop

I'm maxed out in cash at the moment I figured that photoshop was a licenced program.

I got my avatar working.
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You can try the demo for 30 days and decide if it's worth investing.

I do. Use a little program called gif animator for most of my avatars, with the 80x80, 19.5 kb limit, most gif you find online will be too big and need trimming up.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Made it myself, you might want to try 'the Gimp' or 'Seashore'.

The last one I actually liked a lot, was able to delay obtaining Photoshop with this one without any regrets!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

gimp. inkskape is for vectors
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

ctrld

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    gimp. inkskape is for vectors
    ...which is what you should start out with ESPECIALLY when you're designing logos

graphics are part of my daily work. we use adobe products because they are standard, but that doesn't mean you can't achieve excellent results with inkscape and gimp.

so would gimp respond a little bit more like say "MS paint" whereas inkscape is more like 'autocad.'

Cause it took me like 4 hours of messing around to get that little avatar I designed because I was having trouble coloring over all the different color tones.

I'll have to check out gimp!
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

designed mine with Adobe Illustrator, total noob to it but it came out ok for just a simple logo to start out with
    DJBK - 18 yr old DJ from NY -Asus G74SX w/ Core i7 2630QM 12GB RAM -DDM4000 -TTXUSB -DN-S1200 -MPD32 - Novation Twitch (custom mapped for road gigs)

"It’s not love for music, it’s a passion, and it goes beyond liking, and beyond a hobby, it’s about a way of living… Music is essential for my life." - Armin Van Buuren

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast