Can you help me and....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can you help me and....

Recommend me something (and yes, I've looked at the recommendations sticky as everyone should before posting anything like this!).

Basically, I like dubstep but not enough to DJ with it. However, the newer dubstep I can see myself DJing with. I like the newer bouncy and angry Transformer kind of dubstep that sounds like it's a morph of dubstep and electro (if that is still an evolving branch of dubstep even?). I prefer listening to a more chilled out dubstep in my own home, but want angrier and bouncier dubstep to DJ with.

Probably the closest artist I can think of where most songs are in this kind of genre is Skrillex. That's not saying I like every Skrillex song. In fact, I only like a couple but can see "dancefloor potential" and a good feel within a DJ set in some songs. I know the sound is fairly unique at the moment, but looking to discover more of it.

Just looking for anything else in this new and evolving World of Dubstep that fits the above description if anyone can recommend anything....
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

None of the Recommend me Dubstep threads helped? I always thought that stuff was really hard. I guess Datsik and Excision are other names that would be close to Skrillex. I don't really listen to that kind of DS, but those are always targets in the DSF when they want to bitch about brostep.

After a couple of minutes on YouTube I found this. I think this is what you are going for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpAePSP-ni4

Trolley Snatcha has a couple of robo tunes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arWouqZf0kk

Flux Pavillion
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3cE9iXIx9c

Funtcase
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP55V...feature=relmfu

Skrillex of course, he's a bit of an acquired taste, but I've certainly acquired it.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Cheers for the vid suggestions Shane. Will check them out tonight once I get back home! I had searched the forums as I stated, but found nothing that was answering the specific branch of the dubstep/sub-dubstep genre, hence my question.

I think I've acquired it too. I like the angry yet bouncy feel of it. I hate the "brostep" artists I'm hearing these kids rant about, like Rusko for one. I don't get it. Just sounds a bit empty.

However, I think Skrillex has pitched it at the right level. Songs like Scary Monsters has the smack you in the face bass and drops but also got the electro 'bounciness' to it and that's kind of what I'm looking for more of. However, some of his songs are no better than Rusko's drivel, so I'm by no means fully converted!

Any more suggestions, feel free to keep them coming....
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Meow meow by high rankin. I heard it ages ago and I still piss myself laughing every time, drop some cue points in the breakdown for some feline fun

Sorry I can't post vids btw, no YT at work.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Some vids I can check out on that thread. However, as it dated from 2008 with most recent post coming in at November last year (6 months ago now), I felt it wouldn't cover this newer, modern branch of dubstep.

Just felt I'd ask about the specific kind of dubstep rather than a general dubstep thread.

Tech Wizard

Artists:

SKRILLEX
    Flux Pavilion
    Bare Noize
    Feed Me
    Doctor P
    Trolley Snatcha
    Borgore
    Cookie monsta
    tek-one
    rusko
    caspa
    bar 9
    16bit
    gemini

Songs;

Take me away - 4 strings (diesel remix)
    It aint over - mishal moore (document one remix)
    elixir - skism

Those are my favourite dubstep artists and well 3 songs that are good (:

you should alos check out:

skism
    vaski
    cookie monsta
    downlink
    ganja white night
    bulldogs
    subscape
    hooky
    ajapai
    twist
    torqux
    cyberoptix
    stenchman
    skream
    reso

yep...
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Meow meow by high rankin. I heard it ages ago and I still piss myself laughing every time, drop some cue points in the breakdown for some feline fun

Sorry I can't post vids btw, no YT at work.
    Especially for you.....as Donovan and Minogue once said....

For FullEnglishPint

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast