Audiofire 2 Setup Issue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Audiofire 2 Setup Issue

I just got an Echo AudioFire 2 interface to use with Traktor Pro, replacing a horrible M Audio Firewire interface I had. I love how small and portable this thing is but I can't get it to work. I'm sure the problem is with me, not the device!

I am having a problem figuring out how to configure the headphone output. No matter what I try, sound still comes through my headphones regardless of whether I have the cue button on my VCI 100 pressed or not.

I have downloaded the latest drivers for Audiofire2 and Traktor Pro, and I'm running osx 10.5.

Any advice for this analog dj making a confusing transition into the digital realm would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

In the manual, does it tell you which outs are for the ehadphone out?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

from what i remember the headphones come out of 3 & 4. at least that is what it is in Traktor. In Pro, I think it's the same, but i don't remember.
    The speakers should be set up to come out of 1&2.
    make sure that it is chosen in the audio set up part of perferences, and chosen in the midi setup.

Tech Convert

Thanks for the replies. It still doesn't work though. I must be missing something.

In Traktor's preferences I have the monitor output set to 3/4, and the master output to 1/2.

Sound comes out of my speakers. I'm also getting sound from my headphones which are plugged into the AudioFire. The problem is sound comes through my headphones no matter whether or not the cue button on the VCI 100 is depressed.

Is this a VCI issue?

Do I need to specially configure AudioFire's Tracktion software to make the console work properly?

Thanks

No, it's not a VCI issue.

try switching the outputs? Monitor - 1/2, Master - 3/4?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

You've got headphone mix set to 50% right, then put your channel fader to 0 and hit cue, then it'll work properly. You can also set headphone mix to 0% then you'll only get sound through phones when you cue regardless of channel fader position.

BTW It is master 1/2 and monitor 3/4, you can check in audiofire console under settings - routing.
    Last edited by Mole; 01-16-2009 at 06:47 PM.

Damnit, I made it too complicated... heh thanks Mole
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Default mic?

i can't seem to figure out how to get a mic working with my audiofire 2???
    anybody?
    i've played around with selecting different inputs in traktor. and i have it as my audio input in my preferences in os x.....
    i guess the signal doesn't necessarly have to go through traktor? idk

Tech Convert

I tried Mole's suggestion and it still didn't work.

Frustration.

I looked over at my turntables, a pair of steel Technics and my Pioneer DJM 600 mixer which have never failed me. Is all the technology really worth it, I wondered to myself. With all the time I spend trying to make this digital stuff work my other gear is getting dusty. True enough, you can't do the wildest mashups on two turntables, but you can cut and blend which is good enough to lay down a solid groove people go crazy for. How multi layered and complex do we really need to get?

I felt like throwing the AudioFire into the snow. I started to unplug my headphones from the AudioFire jack. The adapter was halfway out when suddenly I realized everything was working perfectly. When I pressed the cue button sound came through the headphones. When I pressed it again it stopped as it is supposed to do. The headphone mix worked too. I pushed the headphone plug all the way in and the original problem came back (no ability to cue through the phones).

So here I am, headphone plug sitting halfway into the AudioFire's jack and everything works fine!

I'm thinking its either the AudioFire's jack or my headphone plug.

To be continued...

Thanks for all your advice. The DJTT forum is amazing! (way better than Echo Audio's "product support."

Tech Convert

In the final installment (I hope) of my AudioFire 2 setup issue I'd like to report that everything works great now but it had to be configured in a new way than what had been suggested.

In Traktor's preferences, I have the "output monitor" set to 2/3 instead of the usual 3/4, and the "output master" set to 0/1 instead of the usual 1/2.

Why this configuration works, instead of the typical master 1/2 and monitor 3/4 I haven't a clue. A friend thought it might be an issue with Traktor Pro. I downloaded the latest update for Pro but it still requires this odd set-up. So...

All I know is after monkeying around with this AudioFire 2 for several days it finally works. Now I can get on with using the damn thing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast