Need advice on laptop stand and case - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Personally I saw the Crane Stand and fell in love. However at the price point, I could not justify buying one. I first picked up a Griffin Elevator stand thing from the Apple store. It looked cool, but just didn't have enough room for me to operate my S4 fully with that stand. I returned it and bought an Uberstand from Guitar Center, and I love it.

So my suggestion is get the Uberstand.

If you're State side, i'd wait for a $20 off coupon from Guitar Center and pick it up like that. I got mine for $85 after tax. Just remember the zip tie that it comes with is needed, so don't just cut it off like I did.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    Just remember the zip tie that it comes with is needed, so don't just cut it off like I did.
    I ended up buying a bunch of velcro zip ties after mine broke (after around 2 years of heavy use). Great alternative.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    I ended up buying a bunch of velcro zip ties after mine broke (after around 2 years of heavy use). Great alternative.
    Ahh, shoulda suggested that earlier Dvls! I went out and ended up buying like a pack of 50 zipties for like $3 lol.

Velcro would probably look cooler too. I guess in the end though, who stares at a laptop stand?

I have the uberstand, and wish I had known about the crane beforehand. The uberstand feels a bit wobbly, and the top rack is not adjustable in any way, it also sits a bit too high for my liking.

edit:

As far as bags go, I carry all my stuff in a Mono 365.

If you're State side, i'd wait for a $20 off coupon from Guitar Center and pick it up like that. I got mine for $85 after tax. Just remember the zip tie that it comes with is needed, so don't just cut it off like I did.
    Naw, I am in Germany, Europe. But thanks for the heads-up

i use the uberstand and i love it
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Ahh, shoulda suggested that earlier Dvls! I went out and ended up buying like a pack of 50 zipties for like $3 lol.

Velcro would probably look cooler too. I guess in the end though, who stares at a laptop stand?
    It doesn't look cooler, really, I just care a LOT less when I lose them. And I set mine up and break it down a lot.

But then again, I feel pretty secure with mine, and sometimes don't even use the ties.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by Street Knowledge View Post
    For the OP:

Unless you rarely ever touch your laptop and are far enough away from the crowd/everyone else, please dont do this. Stuff regularly gets knocked over by accident especially by drunk/intoxicated patrons/friends and computers are fragile pieces of equipment.
    I work with my laptop too much and the venue is small and pretty packed, so I won't do it. Thing is: I want to get the Crane as it really seems to be sturdy and nicely worked. But it seems I will have a problem aquiring it in Germany
    MBP 15" | Traktor Pro | Denon DN-MC6000 | Native Instruments Kontrol X1

Hip Hop / R'n'B / Dubstep

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    But then again, I feel pretty secure with mine, and sometimes don't even use the ties.
    For the OP:

Unless you rarely ever touch your laptop and are far enough away from the crowd/everyone else, please dont do this. Stuff regularly gets knocked over by accident especially by drunk/intoxicated patrons/friends and computers are fragile pieces of equipment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12