Traktor 3.2 Vs. Traktor Pro - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Honestly, the new effects in T3.3 didn't bother me that much. I liked the freeze function better in 3.2, but for the amount that I used it, it wasn't important to me.

But yeah, I was having problems with T3.3, but it ended up being my USB cables not communicating, so it would lock up trying to find the VCI-100... *shrug* Fixed it, though.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

totally agree with your earlier comments dv

i am sure that i have just been unlucky and got a very buggy download

i ve read on this forum and ni forum about people running tpro with no problems
    Mac book pro 10.5.6 (2ghz - 2Gb), Traktor Pro, NI Audio kontrol, Novation 25SL, Korg Kaoss Pad, Evolution x-session, Ableton Live 7.0.12

Okay. I just want to make sure that while we keep this forum as informative and opinionated as possible that we just avoid becoming like other forums where you go and read and it's all "That thing sucks, it crashed on me once, never use it" etc. etc. etc.. WE've all been to them and they are all very unhelpful.

We all want this place to be different.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Honestly, the new effects in T3.3 didn't bother me that much. .

i think what NI was trying to do with fx with the 3.3 update was make them easier to learn/use by simplifying it, also more suited for house/techno mixing.

With 3.2 the fx may have been harder to learn and use effectively, but they allowed for more complex uses which made it easier to mix all genres of music rather than just 4/4 dance music. As a multi-genre/mash-up DJ, 3.2 is the obvious choice for my needs. The over-simplification of the fx in 3.3 are quite stifling for those who are trying more complex mixing technique with multiple genres.
    Last edited by wrong chris; 01-16-2009 at 03:21 PM.

That makes sense. Being I do basic 4/4 EDM mixing I could see why the effect changes wouldn't bother me. At the same time, when 3.3 came out was when I started digging into effects to begin with.

So, the changes just might not have been noticed.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

just to get a bit out there

has anyone checked out this stuff .... and also cymatics - google it - especially the webs of maya video on youtube - sorry to stray off subject a bit

* An original thinker, Masuru Emoto had the brillant idea of photographing water crystals in various conditions by freezing them quickly and using high speed photography. *
    You’ve all heard that no two snowflake crystals are alike.* Well it seems no two water crystals are alike either.* But what is flabbergasting to me is that the water crystals change depending on the thoughts, intentions and prayers of the people viewing the water..........

maybe if i stop thinking so negatively towards traktor it will start working
    Mac book pro 10.5.6 (2ghz - 2Gb), Traktor Pro, NI Audio kontrol, Novation 25SL, Korg Kaoss Pad, Evolution x-session, Ableton Live 7.0.12

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by buzby View Post
    just to get a bit out there

has anyone checked out this stuff .... and also cymatics - google it - especially the webs of maya video on youtube - sorry to stray off subject a bit

* An original thinker, Masuru Emoto had the brillant idea of photographing water crystals in various conditions by freezing them quickly and using high speed photography. *
    You’ve all heard that no two snowflake crystals are alike.* Well it seems no two water crystals are alike either.* But what is flabbergasting to me is that the water crystals change depending on the thoughts, intentions and prayers of the people viewing the water..........

maybe if i stop thinking so negatively towards traktor it will start working

I'm a big believer of the power of intention and positive thinking, but I have my doubts that it has much effect on machine heheh. It'd be really cool though, like something out of The Matrix (the first one, the sequels we're kinda shit :P )

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    That makes sense. Being I do basic 4/4 EDM mixing I could see why the effect changes wouldn't bother me. At the same time, when 3.3 came out was when I started digging into effects to begin with.

So, the changes just might not have been noticed.

word. maybe now that your into the fx side of things more you'd appreciate the difference in 3.2, I know most people I've talked to who've used both agree with me on the subject. Give it a shot for kicks sometime, you might be converted!

Tech Wizard

No, I'm with you on this one as well - 3.2 for me is working brilliantly, and I've had a lot of problems, both with the new workflow, getting everything set up how I want, and unexpected/unintuitive behavior with Pro that I really can't see myself using it in the near future.

As has been mentioned before though, T3 was just as buggy when it was released, and given time, it really turned into a thing of beauty.

The Cue/CUP functionality really pissed me off with Pro as well, but I've found a way round it that gives me exactly the same response as I had in T3 - when I'm back on my DJ lappie I'll post the exact bindings.

Fus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123