Traktor 3.2 Vs. Traktor Pro
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Traktor 3.2 Vs. Traktor Pro

So i've been a die hard Traktor3.2 user for a couple years now and each update since has left alot to be desired, which is why I've stuck loyal to version 3.2

I recently acquired a copy of Traktor Pro to test drive and so far I'm not very impressed with the product whatsoever. The stability issues make this product virtually unusable for playing out at clubs and parties. Also the added bells+whistles don't really add much to the product, they definitely don't make up for the faults. I think it is quite a tall order for NI to expect Traktor3 users to learn an entirely new workflow that still hasn't been proven to be any better than Traktor 3's.

Maybe I just need to give traktorpro a chance, but at this point I am not very convinced that it is a wise choice. I'd like to hear your guys opinions on the new version of this software and how it stacks up against previous versions. Cheers

Tech Mentor

http://www.tastyfresh.com/component/...pressions.html
    article comparing 3 to pro by the same author of building an ableton live dj template with 30k hits. great article.

Tech Guru

it seems like a one-sided review in favour of traktor pro's new features and fails to mention any faults. thanks for posting, but I didn't find the review to be particularly helpful. :/

Im all for Traktor 3 (Point 4), Traktor PRO has some nice fx's, love the loop/cue points box, and nice color scheme. But it has alot of issues that need to be addressed.

My main complaint about PRO is CUE/PLAY or CUP, seriously all I need to switch over is the "Legacy" CUE/PLAY when I hit it, not when I release it. Yes the release is the natural way to play a song, just like playing vinyl, but if I wanted that feel I would get Traktor Scratch PRO.

Yes there is a hack or work around but Im not going to drop a cue everytime I want it to work. BTW thanks ToS for the hack!

Now Traktor 3 has been out since late 05/06? Cant remember, but that 3 years of tweaking and updates (not always the best)

Where do you think Traktor Pro will be in 3 year?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Wizard

I have never had any problems with Traktor Pro at all (yet)Not really sure whats all the fuss is about

Tech Guru

my main gripe with the software is that sure they've added some nice features, but they've also taken out many features that I loved about traktor 3.

What happened to the SLAVE button?

why is the BPM detector so sketchy now, it was rock solid in traktor3!

Also little glitches with the fx, for instance when I use the beatmasher it sometimes changes the pitch of the track...

I would NEVER use pro for one of my gigs, it's atrocious!

It would've been nice if they just added the new features to Traktor 3 without doing a complete overhaul/remake of the software. The new features in TraktorPro just don't make up for the ridiculous ammount of problems that it has.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    Now Traktor 3 has been out since late 05/06? Cant remember, but that 3 years of tweaking and updates (not always the best)

Where do you think Traktor Pro will be in 3 year?
    yes I remember when traktor 3 first came out there were many problems, I guess thats why my version of choice is 3.2 . To me it is the most solid, and I did not like what they did to the fx section in the updates after 3.2.2 ....

I hope they improve traktorpro in 3 years, but I'm not going to hold my breath. After all I'm still using a version of Traktor that came out in 2006....

I use it and it doesnt very often crash - when i dont touch the pc and am only mixing off my midi gear it never crashes.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    why is the BPM detector so sketchy now, it was rock solid in traktor3!
    um... what? Look, I know everyone loves bashing on TPro and everything, but when I got T3 it was reading tracks that are 150bpm as 135. Yeah, TPro grids a lot of tracks at half-tempo, but that's a much easier fix than jumping around from 130-142 cause I don't know the real tempo.

I'm not saying that TPro is perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but still, there were a lot of problems with T3 when it came out and people said flat out they would never use it. Now those same people are saying the same thing about TPro. *shrug*

6 months from now I have a feeling a lot of people will be singing a different tune.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    The stability issues make this product virtually unusable for playing out at clubs and parties.
    i definitely have a copy of pro which is totally unusable - even at home !!
    Mac book pro 10.5.6 (2ghz - 2Gb), Traktor Pro, NI Audio kontrol, Novation 25SL, Korg Kaoss Pad, Evolution x-session, Ableton Live 7.0.12

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast