APC20 LED Output
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default APC20 LED Output

Been looking for the notes for the LEDs for this everywhere. Best I've been able to come up with is a post on NI from a user that claims the OUT is the same the IN which is just not true as I have tried many different buttons and have gotten other buttons to light up but never the one I intended to. If anyone has a img file with them or an excel file that would be better thanks alot.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

(Dumb Mode)
    Technics 1200 MK2s - Vestax PMC06 - NI Kontrol S2 - Traktor - Akai APC40 - Ableton Live 8

Tech Guru

I have located the LED output sheet put out from AKAI. If anyone else needs it here ya go

http://www.housecontainer.nl/images/...ocol-rev-1.pdf

It goes in depth into all the LEDs for all the modes.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Attached to the thread so we have it forever. Also it says APC40 on the pdf does it apply to the 20 as well?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

After double checking all the LEDs yes they are the correct values for both the APC20 & APC40
    Last edited by bartboy; 04-07-2011 at 09:51 AM.

The pads are different due to the note mode function of the apc20 (apc40 doesnt have that) ill go through my stuff in a bit here as i have that apc20 midi note layout somewhere.

(update) nm google ftw

http://www.querbeat.org/pic/apc20.jpg
    Last edited by Kinetik; 04-07-2011 at 09:57 AM.
    I am no longer affiliated with Beatler/Beatport Pro.
    Gearslut, Tech Whore, Programmer, Graphic Designer, Photographer, DJ/Producer
    Current Setup: Macbook Pro 15" Core i7, Macbook 13", Xone 4D, 2x Xone 1D, 2x Korg PadKontrol, iPad2, Novation Remote Zero SL MKII, APC40, APC20, Axiom Pro 49, Novation Launch Pad, TraktorPro 2, Ableton

Tech Guru

Ok I have figured out the problem. The PDF I posted has all the correct values for the LEDs but I don't think I have it set to the correct mode. Whenever I press any of the Scene Launch buttons it toggles green by default so if I map a LED output to that button the toggle green still defaults. But if I map the say the top left button to Ch1 G3 then the the first button in in Row 3 will light up and stay lit or I can make it blink or turn any of the colors so if anyone has any idea how to get it to not default to those LEDs I can finish my mapping all pretty like :P

Ahh ok now i got where you are (I Think). This pissed me off for a few days..

the trick as sending monitor states on the same buttons so that they dont reset when you hit em.

grab my old apc40 tsi here it has all that stuff you can copy to your 20 (sry my current 40+20 setup uses bomes)

http://cl.ly/5nez

just sort the mappings by control in traktor to see everything you need to do

This may help illustrate what i mean
    Last edited by Kinetik; 04-07-2011 at 10:15 AM.
    Current Setup: Macbook Pro 15" Core i7, Macbook 13", Xone 4D, 2x Xone 1D, 2x Korg PadKontrol, iPad2, Novation Remote Zero SL MKII, APC40, APC20, Axiom Pro 49, Novation Launch Pad, TraktorPro 2, Ableton

Tech Guru

I went over your mapping and have been able to figure out what you meant. I never knew about Send Monitor State. I have it working great so far thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bartboy View Post
    i went over your mapping and have been able to figure out what you meant. I never knew about send monitor state. I have it working great so far thank you.
    np

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast