Novation Nocturn - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'll wait what impact a BCR2000 will have, than I will decide to either go for a "x session pro" or a "Novation Nocturn".
    Both are sweet as hell!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    I want one of these so i can mod it with arcade buttons
    ill mod my VCI-100 with arcade buttons at the same time giving 12 arcade buttons per side which would translate well into 4 deck x 6 cue point juggling madness.
    That'd be a sick amount of controllerism Bento I can't afford any other controllers at the moment, hoping that the EG .tks with internal mixing appears soon...
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

The Xsession does not look too bad actually, but how many of those buttons are assignable ? I might pick up the Xsession instead and mod the buttons/case if enough of the buttons are midi assignable.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    The Xsession does not look too bad actually, but how many of those buttons are assignable ? I might pick up the Xsession instead and mod the buttons/case if enough of the buttons are midi assignable.
    All are assignable.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

I'm using a BCD3000 with traktor 3.3 default profile, only change being the pitch faders control fine pitch 2.5%
    I'm thinking of adding the xsession to my BCD3000 setup and mapping everything as labelled in the attached image. The only other thing i was thinking of doing was setting the pitch faders on the xsession to coarse pitch control and making the range +/- 100%. Havn't really thought of a use for the cross fader or EQ yet. Everything else seems like it will be a fun useful mapping.
    In case its not clear:
    Deck A/B volume will control Deck A/B effect amount.
    The monitor buttons will toggle effects A/B on/off
    and the buttons at the bottom of the unit will scroll through the effects and also give control for the additional functions where applicable in some effects (flange tap, T92 quantisize etc)

This is looking much more appealing than the nocturn...

EDIT: oh look the novation nocturn thread is turning into an XSession Pro thread
    Last edited by Wuz; 05-20-2008 at 06:54 AM.

There is the Evolution X-session which i was mistakingly referring to is this one http://www.zzounds.com/item--EVOXSESSION - but all those buttons i do not believe are assignable - sorry for the confusion

The M-Audio Xsession - http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/att...0&d=1211283790

So it looks like i am going back to plan A and modding the Novation Nocturn.

The Evolution is an X Session, the M-Audio is an X Session Pro.

Oh well 24 arcade buttons will be heaps

I just finished ordering a Novation Nocturn and 25 arcade buttons (1 for a backup). This should be interesting ill post follow up photos when i am done modding

LoLz... Good luck with that one. When will the nocturn arrive mate?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast