Novation Nocturn - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

awesome, good luck with that :]

I plan on getting the X-Session pro and combining it with one of Midifidlers MidiFighters ;D
    And using Ammobox ;D

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    LoLz... Good luck with that one. When will the nocturn arrive mate?
    Not too sure when lol, the sooner the better i will write a full review on it too while i am at it.

Quote Originally Posted by midian View Post
    awesome, good luck with that :]

I plan on getting the X-Session pro and combining it with one of Midifidlers MidiFighters ;D
    And using Ammobox ;D
    Thanks, and good luck with your setup too I cannot wait to try arcade button cue juggles and clist beatlookup effects !

Can't wait for the review dude. (Can't wait to buy my BCR2000 either. )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post

So it looks like i am going back to plan A and modding the Novation Nocturn.
    I dont mean to spoil the party but there is not way that thing is deep enough to hold the shallow arcade buttons. Its a very low profile unit from my memory...

Quote Originally Posted by eangolde View Post
    I dont mean to spoil the party but there is not way that thing is deep enough to hold the shallow arcade buttons. Its a very low profile unit from my memory...
    I had the same question on MSN, but he said it should be okay? :eek:
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Quote Originally Posted by eangolde View Post
    I realise its small but its more about whats on the device, the plan is to transfer the guts into another case and solder wires from the original buttons to arcade buttons that will be positioned along the top of the rotaries - it would make the device larger but not unbearably as its a prety small unit to begin with.

The LED lights thats are under the buttons should work this way aswell, so i will most likely leave the buttons that are on the unit as is (the wiring that needs doing is under the PCB) so i have LED action aswell.

The 8 automapping buttons along the bottom might be a problem though, i am not quite sure if they can be assigned to send out midi messages which would really suck. Ill have more on this soon.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 05-29-2008 at 12:50 PM.

1st post on here, though I've been observing the great topics for a while now, anyway... I received the Novation Nocturn this morning so I thought I would share a little info on it from a consumers perspective. The unit its self is plastic'y light (more so than the x-session pro) and slim so I doubt much modding will be going on and I don't know how much gig bashing it could take but it seems that it was more built for a home studio/production environment rather than a DJing one. The controls are well spaced enough and feel nice and smooth. As it stands, the Automap software that came with the unit is buggy to say the least. It doesn't seem to have generic midi drivers like my Akai Mpd24 because assigning functions using lets say Torq's Learn Midi feature just don't work and every plug-in (VST only despite what the promo claims,well on PC anyway) has to be wrapped and saved using the automap software. When I did finally get it to map to a VST and control a few parameters using the unit it some how knocked of my other midi controllers, it did this under Torq and ProTools. It might just be me not understanding their instructions which they claim are super easy but they have alot of fixes to do yet. Its a shame so far because I see so much potential in this unit. If anyone has had better luck with the Nocturn, please let me know

Here are some images I uploaded to let people get an idea of the size
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/doyli/2534189973/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/doyli/2...n/photostream/

Tekki came up with the cool idea of putting it in a clear acrylic shell, i think i might take that option if i can get all of the buttons to spit out midi messages.

Heck, I might even mod my soon to arrive BCR2000, if I am fed up with that casing/housing.

I'm really starting to feel confident about ordering an x-session pro instead of the nocturn.
    But good luck with the mods!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast