Weird behaviour with beatmasher + looping
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Weird behaviour with beatmasher + looping

Ok, so I tested this in Traktor Pro, Traktor S4 and Traktor Pro 2, and it only happens in the latter 2.

If you engage the beatmasher on a track and then set a loop of less than 1 beat, it messes with the beatmasher - I can't seem to see any sort of pattern to it, but if the loop is 1/32 it almost overrides the beatmasher completely (the track seems to play as normal), with a few buzzing noises. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? Bug, or working as intended?

Well...as far as I understand it, the Beatmasher will take a 4 beat loop from the time you clicked ON.

I don't think it affects the loop itself. How do you take a 4 beat loop from a loop that is only 1 beat long?

I will test this myself tonight.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Well...as far as I understand it, the Beatmasher will take a 4 beat loop from the time you clicked ON.

I don't think it affects the loop itself. How do you take a 4 beat loop from a loop that is only 1 beat long?

I will test this myself tonight.
    I thought it sampled the track for 4 beats, so if you've got a 1 beat loop then it will just sound the same (until you turn up the value on the beatmasher to >0.5).

I'm sure this behaviour isn't working as intended, it's too weird (especially as it didn't happen in Traktor Pro 1)

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

As I recall, it samples 4 beats from what the deck is currently playing. So if you are playing a 1 beat loop it'll sample that 1 beat loop for 4 beats. Or, if you sample a 1 beat loop for 2 beats and then the next 2 beats that'll be the 4 beat loop.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    As I recall, it samples 4 beats from what the deck is currently playing. So if you are playing a 1 beat loop it'll sample that 1 beat loop for 4 beats. Or, if you sample a 1 beat loop for 2 beats and then the next 2 beats that'll be the 4 beat loop.
    Yeah, that's what I meant. Doesn't really explain why if you have the beatmasher engaged (on any value) if you THEN drop a loop of less than 1 beat it sounds weird. It shouldn't sound weird, it should just continue playing what the beatmasher is outputting.

Oh I see what you're saying... hm... that is strange. I thought you were dropping the loop BEFORE the beatmasher.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Yeah to be honest I can't reaaally think of any legit reason why this would be a massive problem but I just thought it was odd

Maybe report it as a bug for now? Does it act as it should if you drop the loop before the beatmasher?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

is the deck when this happens the master deck? could be bpm related, less than 1 beat values throwing out the mashers sync/tempo perhaps?

edit; also s4/tp2 have different master clock layouts to tp1, if this is it, could explain why only them 2 versions...

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Ok so I tested while playing around with the clock and it only happens when the deck with the loop + beatmasher turned on is the master. Interesting. I am drunk right now though so I might revisit this in the morning

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast