Download VCI-100 TSI for Traktor Pro (1_3 FX)
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Download VCI-100 TSI for Traktor Pro (1_3 FX)

To download the TSi file for our official mapping please visit this post:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/12/15/fader-fx-theory/

Build your own FX combos and re-upload the results in this thread
    You can also add your comments, ideas and bugs here.

here is a video explaining the new FX:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjjA0xPkXMs

Fixed:

• Tempo bending disabled when looping (fixed- now works)
    • third fx slot knob turns on effect on all banks (1.3 users can turn this off)
    • Deck A/B/C Echo would not select (make sure to import fx settings)
    • pushing juggle mode turns flanger Effects in deck B on (fixed in firmware 1.3- 1.2 users will always have this problem due to the vestax bug)

Added

• LOOP ACTIVE D button engages browser mode

known bugs

• firmware 1.2 users (beat masher scratch effect will NOT work with scratch off) 1.2 is missing a note on message.
    • all of the 4th buttons in FX selection have been disabled for firmware users 1.2 (sorry thats the double button bug from vestax again)
    • there is no freeze function on the mix knob or input faders for 1.2 users (1.3 feature only)
    Last edited by EanGolden; 12-15-2008 at 02:28 AM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by eangolde View Post

Fixed:

• Tempo bending disabled when looping (fixed- now works)
    • third fx slot knob turns on effect on all banks (1.3 users can turn this off)
    • Deck A/B/C Echo would not select (make sure to import fx settings)
    • pushing juggle mode turns flanger Effects in deck B on (fixed in firmware 1.3- 1.2 users will always have this problem due to the vestax bug)
    thanks for the tempo bending fix, this has been the killer that stopped me from using Traktor Pro out live.. that and the fact that traktor will not close when i hit the close button, it just does the not responding thing... very annoying, hoping the 1.02 fix will sort that one out for me.

Tech Wizard

Has anybody been having massive problems with this .TSI ??

Before i list the probs i have redownloaded the file and reloaded all mappings and settings,restarted, restarted traktor. I also reverted to the older tsi which operates fine apart from the known bugs from the last version.

Sooo

1) Browser mode doesn't work as in the video. After i load a track it stays in browser mode.

2) The lights on the cue buttons stop working after 2 songs (this happened three times in a row) i do toggle them on/off a fair bit.

3) After engaging fader fx and using the bmasher for a few mins even after switching it off lowering the input fader switches the beatmasher on as well as lowering the input volume.

4) Cue B and C are perm linked.

5) Deck Copy play does not work.

I am on 1.3 with T Pro 1.01.070

These seem to kick in after having Traktor Pro running for a few mins.

Ean - is this the same TSI from the video or maybe an earlier version you were working on ? It seems odd it works ok in the vid.

I'll try and fix what i can and repost
    Last edited by burndownthediscos; 12-16-2008 at 04:58 PM.

1) Browser mode doesn't work as in the video. After i load a track it stays in browser mode.

this is really working fine for me but I suspect its a version issue- I built the TSI on a slightly older build.

2) The lights on the cue buttons stop working after 2 songs (this happened three times in a row) i do toggle them on/off a fair bit.

I cant confirm this at all- it may be a hardware thing. Anyone else?

3) After engaging fader fx and using the bmasher for a few mins even after switching it off lowering the input fader switches the beatmasher on as well as lowering the input volume.

this is a confirmed bug for sure- left out a modifier setting.

are you sure you have firmware 1.3 because that is only on 1.2

i cant confirm- everything works fine here

I am on 1.3 with T Pro 1.01.070

can anyone that is having these problems try to upgrade to the new 1.0.2 and see if the browser and cue play problems are fixed?

These seem to kick in after having Traktor Pro running for a few mins.

are you saying they dont happen at the start of the session? This is important-

Tech Mentor

I'm having most of the problems you mentioned aboved. I will update all my software, if the issues persist. I will post my specs both software/hardware.
    Thank Ya!!!

it was the fact that I was using a slightly older version of pro which had database differences and the modifiers worked differently.

Just sent out an email with a link to new downloads which solve the problems mentioned above:

fixed
    cant re-produce
    3) After engaging fader fx and using the bmasher for a few mins
    Fixed
    firmware 1.2 problem
    this must be a deck setting somewhere or a bug on particular systems. Try dragging and dropping a deck (does it copy then?)

Tech Mentor

wow that was quick Ean and I have to say 1.02 is much much more stable, I will check out your updated TSI when I get home.. can't wait I am testing Traktor Pro out for the first time this sunday.. will be interesting indeed.

Tech Mentor

the deck copy/play is still a problem for me. im using a vci-100se with firmware 1.3. i can copy the playing deck no problem but still the newly copied deck wont play from where its copied. i looked but cant find a play function associated with deck copy in the midi map. should there be a second play command outside of deck copy or should "duplicate deck A/B" automatically play the copied deck? i really liked this feature in previous versions and would love to have it back. any help form anybody would be greatly appreciated! were you able to get this resolved, luv2xra? i looked through deck setting options but didnt see anything that would be inhibiting playback.

Deck copy is supposed to automatically copy the playing deck as is into the destination deck.

There is one very important thing to keep in mind here folks. This is an early version of Traktor Pro and there are lots of bugs, many of which are showing up differently in different version. Quite honestly I found the version I created this TSI on to be the most stable with little or no bugs. (1.0.1.02 or something like that) this latest 1.0.2 has new things that have never shown up before like a very strange jog wheel behavior bug.

My point is this. I am one man- trying to map things to software that is constantly changing. So I would appreciate everyone's patience and assistance in trying to find the problems and not just assume everything is a problem in the TSI. Many of these are Traktor bugs but as a beta tester for them for many years I can tell you they are very hard to isolate.

hey Ean,
    you're absolutely right about what you're saying. but let me tell you one thing: even when people seem a little bit unpatient we are all incredibly thankful for what you are doing for the whole digital djing scene (as a matter of fact I bought the VCI-100 because of your videos in the first place)! i'm talking about your youtube-videos and tipps on the site. it's very unusual to get that information for free in times like this. i appreciate that very much! also it's still hard for me to understand what's happening in the last years on the internet... I mean, I'm living in Austria and got into the digital djing scene because of a guy in the U.S. who put some videos on the net, that's some crazy stuff man
    Well, keep up the good work, I really appreciate it! (and sorry for my english if i made some mistakes)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast