Deleting cue points without snapping back to them while track is playing?
    Tech Guru

Default Deleting cue points without snapping back to them while track is playing?

Is it possible to delete a cue point/hot cue on a track that is playing without having the tune snap back to the cue point you're wanting to delete? Say I hit an unassigned cue button by mistake it will assign it to what ever part of the track is currently playing. But if I want to delete it on the fly (say in case I might forget to do it after the track has finished) it will snap back to it as it deletes it. Is there a way to not make this happen?

Thanks

That doesn't happen for me
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

ahhh... I suffered from this for a year... trick is to set whatever modifier you're using to delete to zero when your triggering the cue...

so set/cue = m1-0
    delete cue = m1=1 (or whatever)

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
    ahhh... I suffered from this for a year... trick is to set whatever modifier you're using to delete to zero when your triggering the cue...

so set/cue = m1-0
    delete cue = m1=1 (or whatever)
    That's what I got already. Well, I got 8 'set hot cue' buttons set up (not on a modifier, just regular buttons), and I got 8 'delete hot cue's' that are set to the same 8 buttons but using a modifier. 'Set hot cue' buttons dont have a condition as they dont have a modifier, but the 'delete hot cue's' condition is M1=1.

Tech Convert

yeh, that's the problem.. they actually NEED a modifier... luckily that modifier is ZERO.. so no button need to be pressed. Trust me. Make all of the Hotcue Set M1=0 and life will be grand

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    That's what I got already. Well, I got 8 'set hot cue' buttons set up (not on a modifier, just regular buttons), and I got 8 'delete hot cue's' that are set to the same 8 buttons but using a modifier. 'Set hot cue' buttons dont have a condition as they dont have a modifier, but the 'delete hot cue's' condition is M1=1.
    There's your problem. You have to set a M1=0 condition to all the set hotcue buttons, or that function will also activate when you delete them. M1=0 is not the same as not putting anything.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Tech Guru

Ahhh shiaat! It all becomes clear now! Sorry, aint done any mapping in a while, bit rusty with staying focussed on the little details!

Nice one. thanks for the help!

Tech Student

thanks for the info, i was looking for the exact same thing. Thanks!

No problem!