my first mix

Thread: my first mix

Default my first mix

can anyone help me out . how can i upload a mix to the forum i want some pointers on my mix

you need to upload it it to a music uploading website like Soundcloud.com or Mixcloud.com. I would recommend Mixcloud.com, since it is more geared towards actualy DJ sets, and has no upload limit, although ppl cannot download your mix from mixcloud.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

ah snaps lol wass up !!! for shore i actually just thought bout those places all this shit is so fucking new to me its not even funny but im putting in the man hours ... hey maybe you can help with my grocery list? only thing im working with right now is a mac book pro and a mix track? what would be a good investment next

when i post my first mix you'll understand if you take a listen how new i am to this mixing shit

fair enough man, first thing you wanna do is learn how to do basic transitions between two tracks by either switching the EQs, and using upfaders, or transition by crossfading.

You'll want to learn how to match the beats of two tracks, now keep in mind, not all songs go together well, so this is where good DJs separate themselves from the pack. They manage to find good and cool ways to transition between two songs, without it being too obvious, and so that it still flows.

After you get the basics down, you can learn into using FX, loops and hot cues. Next equipmet I would recommend would be to buy a pair of DJ speakers so you can spin for friends' house parties n stuff, and start getting ur name out there. That's how I started.

All the best.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

your the shit bra i most appreciate your advice i have been messing with just beat matching i saw you said something bout phrasing so im gonna look that up but thanks for all your help keep them mixes coming bra you got some fire kid