First Show

Thread: First Show

Tech Convert

Default First Show

So I kind of screwed myself by agreeing to take a show from 10-2 this upcoming Friday. I was pumped about it at first since its going to by my first show. However, when I went to look at the equipment I realized that maybe I should have done some research. What I use for parties and such is a Vestax Typhoon in unison with Traktor Pro. When I went to the bar to look at the gear I realized they use a Behringer DDM 4000. First off I didn't even have the correct USB/Midi cable which I ran out and got. Now I have basically a day to learn how to set it up and use it. The bar owner knows its my first time so I think she is ok with me taking a little extra time to practice. Does anyone have any setup or control tips? I was thinking that I might just use the Behringer crossfader and just do everything else with my computer for now.

a day to learn how to set it up???

Tech Convert

How to set it up and get used to the controls and such. The way it is laid out there is too much going on. It is a little too complex for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Porkfridrice View Post
    How to set it up and get used to the controls and such. The way it is laid out there is too much going on. It is a little too complex for me.
    It's simple, Hook your typhoon's master out into one of the mixers line in/phono inputs. Turn that channel up enough to control the volume with the Typhoon. DONE… Forget about the club mixer all together.

Tech Mentor

Don't stress your self to much, it basically the same thing as your typhoon, just more knobs and buttons.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Viirus::.. View Post
    It's simple, Hook your typhoon's master out into one of the mixers line in/phono inputs. Turn that channel up enough to control the volume with the Typhoon. DONE… Forget about the club mixer all together.
    or what he said

Tech Convert

Thanks for the help, much appreciated. As far as line in/ phono line in goes, the typhoon would sound better with the phono line as opposed to a simple line in?

Tech Wizard

put it in the line in with an rca cable and you should be set...