Two Channel Mixer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Two Channel Mixer

Hey guys, I was wondering what I should get for a new mixer. I'm not looking for 4 channels, pioneer $3000 mixer. Alls I have is 2 Denon DN-S1200's, and Traktor Duo 2. I'm just looking for a good/reliable 2 channel mixer that I'll be able to mix with. I mix Trance/electro-house/ and starting to pick up dubstep.

Thanks for the help.

The DJM-T1 just was announced, otherwise I would say go for the denon dn-x600

I have an Ecler and I love it, it's nice and thin, which gives you more room to work with other equipment (downside is finding a case). So, from my experience I would the Ecler Nuo 2.0, but that's not the only good choice. The Xone:22 and the Rane-56s seem to be the other viable choices. Avoid Denon and Behringer if possible, they make great mixers for the price, but would seem to be the most flimsy of the choices. Also, read this: http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/12/1...gle-out-there/
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Quote Originally Posted by Garygary1 View Post
    The DJM-T1 just was announced, otherwise I would say go for the denon dn-x600
    are you suggesting that bullshit Pioneer just released? the DN-X600 is a great idea, I would probably say the best. there is also the awfully cool-looking Numark X5.

Quote Originally Posted by tyfurious View Post
    Avoid Denon and Behringer if possible, they make great mixers for the price, but would seem to be the most flimsy of the choices.
    Have you even touched the new denon mixers? Those things are built better pioneers these days.

About the DJM-T1, I know nothing about it, I was just suggesting to check it out, though it did sound like I was recommending it. In that case, definitely go for the denon dn-x600

The DJM-T1 looks like a reasonably nice piece of gear, it's just drastically overpriced. You could always go for a Rane, they make excellent mixers. Get a TTM57SL and you've got serato as an option if you ever want it.

No idea what your budget is.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

I am kind of looking around a 500$ budget or so...I'm just looking for a 2 channel mixer that has a solid crossfader(the crossfader on my current mixer broke) and nice sound. I was looking at the Allen & Heath XONE 22 but wasn't sure if I would be able to use it because I also use Traktor Duo 2, and my current set up has USB's in both my Denon Dns1200's and in my mixer. Any help on either how to solve the above problem, or any other mixers that come to mind???

Question:

Do you have an external sound card?

Or, does the mixer you are currently using have an internal sound card?

If your budget for the "mixer" is $500, and you do NOT have a sound-card already:

You have the Denon DN-X600.
    -In your price range, has internal sound card.

...and thats basically it, for that price range.

If you DO have a sound card already:

...I am in the same place you are actually, about to buy a two channel mixer...(and the only reason I didn't throw a Vestax in the mix is you don't sound like a scratch artist)

My top choice:

Ecler Nuo 2.0

Urei 1601

Rane TTM56s (a little over your budget)

A&H Xone:22

Pioneer DJM400 (despite my hating on pioneer mixers, for reasons of build quality, overall tactile feel, and a good price for Pio, ill throw this in)

And those are the only mixers I would really consider spending my $ on. And even then, the Denon (although from everything I have read a decent mixer) is a budget solution to not having an external sound card (imho I prefer a really good external sound card vs. an all-in-one deal), it requires a minor hack to support timecode, and involves a small "sacrifice" in the quality of the mixer portion.
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

Quote Originally Posted by exokinetic View Post
    it requires a minor hack to support timecode, and involves a small "sacrifice" in the quality of the mixer portion.
    its traktor certified

Quote Originally Posted by Garygary1 View Post
    its traktor certified
    Actually, the Denon DN-X600 is NOT a Traktor Certified mixer.

http://www.native-instruments.com/in...ed&L=1&rdrctd=

You can, however, select the DN-X1600 in the Traktor Setup Wizard when you use a DN-X600, and Traktor will be fooled into thinking it is an X1600.

You will then have time code functionality.

If you do not perform this "minor hack", when you select the "Denon DN-X600" as your sound card in Traktor, time-code functionality will be disabled.
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast