SL2 what do you guys think?

Default SL2 what do you guys think?

I for one its great to see they upgraded the sl1 but one thing that I didn't like was no recording inputs??? what the hell.... they should have put an input to record your sets... no 3 decks like the sl3 but inputs only to record... I would have bought an sl2 instead of an sl3... hehe still too expensive just cuz they upgraded... I mean you get to mess around with video sl n all.. but for only two decks?? really.. 600 << damn..

http://serato.com/scratchlive/rane-sl2

http://www.skratchworx.com/news3/comments.php?id=1690

2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

I thought it dropped to $500.

Also, get an RCA to 1/8" adapter and use the line-in on your computer. It works. You use a Mac according to your sig, which means that your internal sound card is a decent-latency 24/96 sound card and might actually records analog signals better than the SL2…you just can't use SSL's internal recording to do it…or Traktor's, since neither can access more than 1 sound card at a time.

Might I suggest Audacity if you need something else that's free…or whatever DAW you use if you dabble in production?

the SL-2 looks like a dope replacement for the SL-1, but you are right it should of had atleast 1 AUX IN to record. I see these boxes selling for 499.99 USD. I picked up a SL-3 for dirt cheap and I love it to death
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Mentor

Its basically sl3 circuitry in a smaller package without the Aux inputs and outs. Nothing too earth shattering I would opt for the sl3. My sl1 is still 100% after what, 4 years of use. that is quality stuff man!

Great upgrade. If I could, I'd probably go SL3 though. But at least new users have a cheaper alternative that's up to date

The SL-1 came out in 2004 and has out lived other DVS and soundcards. This SL-2 was a much needed update being that the SL-1 is running on USB 1.1. I expect an update to the Rane 57 next year at NAMM. Maybe a Rane 58 with dual usb port for switching djs and some feat. from the Rane 68 making its way into the Rane 58.

With some nice big buttons for hammering samples and shit I hope. I wonder what's in store for the next iteration of SSL.

Quote Originally Posted by jprime View Post
    With some nice big buttons for hammering samples and shit I hope. I wonder what's in store for the next iteration of SSL.
    my best guess. ITCH/SSL becoming 1 program and having a internal/external mode. Midi OUT and tighter bridge intergration. Keylock on the SP-6 and better offline mode to grid tracks and set cue points

I'd love that. It would be great to just use a laptop / controller in a pinch instead of lugging out the decks in a pinch.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    The SL-1 came out in 2004 and has out lived other DVS and soundcards. This SL-2 was a much needed update being that the SL-1 is running on USB 1.1. I expect an update to the Rane 57 next year at NAMM. Maybe a Rane 58 with dual usb port for switching djs and some feat. from the Rane 68 making its way into the Rane 58.
    Was it 2004 damm time definitely passes too fast, My sl1 is from at least 2005
    then. Hard to believe the 57 is usb 1.1 too and from the times ive used one its solid.
    Have you ever recorded a mix into abelton via mixtape on the 57. Wondering how convenient that is. The sl1 just gives you 2 channel audio no mixer automation.