The CDJ-2000 nowadays - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A positive for using CDJs is that they offer a built-in back up plan. If your PC crashes you can spin a cd or usb. You also don't have to worry about needle issues. I think controllers are the future and they would gain more ground if they could operate independent of the computer.

Definitely nice to have one (or two) as a back up, but a really expensive way to get a big pair of jogwheels
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

The needle issues are replaced by E-8302

I'm pretty new to DJing and love my VCI-100 SE but I have found that I've either needed to learn to play on turntables or CDJs. The one club I go to a lot and have gotten quite friendly with their DJs and various staff uses CDJs only. This is why I'm working on getting some used CDJ-200's with a Denon DN-X100 mixer to practice on and for a little difference when I'm at home and bored and want a different feel/style than the VCI.
    Traktor Pro 2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter (#100 by Ean himself!), blah blah blah

Soundcloud || Facebook

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B.Hallowell View Post
    I'm pretty new to DJing and love my VCI-100 SE but I have found that I've either needed to learn to play on turntables or CDJs. The one club I go to a lot and have gotten quite friendly with their DJs and various staff uses CDJs only. This is why I'm working on getting some used CDJ-200's with a Denon DN-X100 mixer to practice on and for a little difference when I'm at home and bored and want a different feel/style than the VCI.
    I TOTALLY read that as you were going to buy CDJ-2000's for practice and I almost flipped a shit. hah

They might use CDJs only, but they wouldn't let you use your own gear?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12