Maschine/Traktor MIDI Issues
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Maschine/Traktor MIDI Issues

I am having some issues with MIDI inside of Traktor Scratch Pro 2. MIDI seems to work very differently in Traktor 2 than in Traktor 1...

When I set outs for my Maschine commands it doesn't activate the lights for that pad like it used to in Traktor 1, all my settings are the same as they were in my previous traktor 1 mapping.

I am also having an issue with the modifiers not behaving as expected. I set my modifier interaction type to "Hold" but when i touch the modifier button it sets the modifier to 1 and stays there. I would rather have it set to 1 when I hold it, and have it set to 0 when I let it go. This is how it worked in Traktor 1 but now it behaves differently...

Thirdly, I'm trying to set up one of my maschine knobs so that it scrolls through my playlist in Traktor, and no matter which setting I try, there seem to be issues. If I set the knob to Fader / Knob and the interaction mode to Relative it kinda works, except that it is only able to scroll up to a certain point, and then it gets stuck and I can't scroll further. What is going on? Is there an easier way to map this to get it to work correctly? Or is this just a bug? Thanks in advance for the help! BTW, I am using TSP2

Thanks in advance for your help!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Robzilla View Post
    Thirdly, I'm trying to set up one of my maschine knobs so that it scrolls through my playlist in Traktor, and no matter which setting I try, there seem to be issues. If I set the knob to Fader / Knob and the interaction mode to Relative it kinda works, except that it is only able to scroll up to a certain point, and then it gets stuck and I can't scroll further. What is going on? Is there an easier way to map this to get it to work correctly? Or is this just a bug? Thanks in advance for the help! BTW, I am using TSP2

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Maschine has endless knobs, not encoders, so they can't be used to scroll (it stops when the knob MIDI value reaches 127 like you are experiencing)

Tech Convert

Ah I see, that sucks :-/

Ah I see, that sucks :-/
    Yup, map 2 buttons (inc/dec) and tick the "Repeat Box" so it continues to scroll while they are pressed.

Tech Convert

Nice! Thats a cool solution. I will use that, thanks! Any idea about the other two issues? They are really frustrating me lol

Nice! Thats a cool solution. I will use that, thanks! Any idea about the other two issues? They are really frustrating me lol
    I don't own Maschine (yet) so I can't help you at the time, unless you fund mine

Tech Convert

LOL I would if I could! :-)

Tech Convert

ARGH Why does this happen? It seems the top row of buttons in each pad page overlaps with the first row of buttons in the next pad page. It's making this mapping ultra frsutrating!!

Tech Convert

Do I need to change the MIDI channels or something?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

It should have a visual control mapper or something, right? You should be able to see what each page sends.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast