Latency in Traktor Scratch Pro2
    Tech Wizard

Default Latency in Traktor Scratch Pro2

Can the latency in TSP2 be ajusted in the internal mode my overal is 19.3ms on my laptop HP Pavillion DV6 notebook the sound quality isnt very good i can bearly make out the word of songs but when i load up trektor pro its fine. TSP2 also works fine on my audio8 sound card it just plays really bad in through my laptop.

SPEC
    Audio 8 sound card
    HP DV6 2.3ghz AMD
    TSP2 upgarde.
    CDj 400s

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Tech Wizard

^+111

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    He ain't lying bud! It will fix all lifes problems..
    Macbook Pro / Xone 4D / Technic 1210's / Maschine / Traktor Scratch Pro 2
    /Loads of other crap I tend not to use.

I have a Macbook pro 15' with 2.4Ghz, I don't understand how exactly the overall latency works, I use an Audio 4 Dj, and his output latency is 2.8ms (I don't know if I could change it). Can somebody explain me, please!!. cuz now the latency is in samples (512 by default) in traktor pro 1, my latency was 2ms and all runs perfectly, now I use 128 and have some glitches using 2 decks and 2 sample decks. HELP!!
    Cheers From Mexico.

Macbook Pro 15'' Aluminium 2.4 Ghz MAC OS X 10.6.6, Vestax VCI-100 Firmware: 1.3, , NI Audio 4 Dj, Korg NanoKontrol, Technics RP-DH1200. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.0.1.

Tech Wizard

I have a HP 530, core duo 2,2Gh, 4 GB ram, win XP, TSP 2, Audio 8 dj, and APC40 as controller. I set buffer size to lowest possible (32 samples) and output latency is 0,7 ms

I made some tests, i can turn on key, on al 4 decks, turn on 4 fx units, send monitor state to apc, bunch of led output on apc... No glitches, no crackles, everything is perfect now.

Before with old TSP, i had some problems, but now with TSP 2 everything is smooth!

Bay the way, i bought HP530 for $300 there is no need for mac with TPS2

Click on the settings tab beside the latency bar, under the audio setup options in the preferences. You can tweak your settings there. Installing ASIO drivers is a good idea for when your soundcard isn't plugged in, as mentioned above.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

i use ausio4all v2 with my sound card. i have a fucking behringer uca 202, only because it came with my midi keyboard. and i dont have enough money for an audio 2 right now. i dont have anymore cracks or pops any more so i am all happy .

Quote Originally Posted by Morth View Post
    I have a Macbook pro 15' with 2.4Ghz, I don't understand how exactly the overall latency works, I use an Audio 4 Dj, and his output latency is 2.8ms (I don't know if I could change it). Can somebody explain me, please!!. cuz now the latency is in samples (512 by default) in traktor pro 1, my latency was 2ms and all runs perfectly, now I use 128 and have some glitches using 2 decks and 2 sample decks. HELP!!
    Just put the buffer size back up to 512 samples and you should be ok
    Macbook Pro / Xone 4D / Technic 1210's / Maschine / Traktor Scratch Pro 2
    /Loads of other crap I tend not to use.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ SUB View Post
    Can the latency in TSP2 be ajusted in the internal mode my overal is 19.3ms on my laptop HP Pavillion DV6 notebook the sound quality isnt very good i can bearly make out the word of songs but when i load up trektor pro its fine. TSP2 also works fine on my audio8 sound card it just plays really bad in through my laptop.
    on a separate note...

And yeh, ASIO is your friend.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES