How to get "Sync" to reset on loading?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default How to get "Sync" to reset on loading?

Hi guys,

Trying to figure out a way to fix a small nuisance i have with Traktor.

OK, so i have a track running, synced to the master track, so sync is active.

I stop the synced track and load a new track.

The new track has sync automatically turned on as a a residual of the previous track.

I don't want my tracks to have sync automatically active. Although it is usually the case that i will want the track synced it is easy enough for me to press "sync". However it is a pain in the ass when i am doing a cut or something to have to go in and reset the track tempo.

i have checked "reset all deck controls when loading track" but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Anyone know if this is possible to acheive? Seems like something that would be pretty simple.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I honestly never thought that anyone used sync for any more than a split second every so often ?

But anyhoooo you could set up a new map for sync on the same button as your "load" so that it sets sync to direct zero value on track load.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Tick the option: reset deck controls when load (it will also deactivate loops if you lef it on). It's under the Loading tab

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    I honestly never thought that anyone used sync for any more than a split second every so often ?

But anyhoooo you could set up a new map for sync on the same button as your "load" so that it sets sync to direct zero value on track load.
    Well i have my sync button set to "toggle", so if it's on then i generally just leave it on. Do you have it set as "hold" or something?

At present i don't actually have a load button on my setup, but that might be something i have to consider. Thanks.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Tick the option: reset deck controls when load (it will also deactivate loops if you lef it on). It's under the Loading tab
    As i mentioned i checked this and it doesn't seem to affect sync. It will reset everything else but won't reset sync.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by muesli View Post
    As i mentioned i checked this and it doesn't seem to affect sync. It will reset everything else but won't reset sync.
    sorry, missed that bit try a clean install or trashing the prefs file

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What version of traktor are you using?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

So is this not normal?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I just checked in 1.2.7 and checking reset deck controls doesn't work. Pretty sure you'll have to turn it off manually. Are you using a load button? You could map it to unsync when you load a track.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by muesli View Post
    At present i don't actually have a load button on my setup, but that might be something i have to consider. Thanks.
    :-/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast