Please Check

Thread: Please Check

Tech Convert

Default Please Check

Hi Everyone, I'm new to dj'ing have been trying to beatgrid my tracks. I have uploaded 1 that I am not sure of. Can someone dl and let me know if I am doing this right? Thanks,

http://soundcloud.com/takipanos/ame-...sellenmaschine

Does it sound not right?

If you are not gridding correctly....you would have trainwrecks all the time.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Is that just one song? If it's more than one then i say you've got your grids spot on because when skimming through it I can't tell. If it is just one how are we supposed to tell you if you've got your grids correct?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

can't hear it cos I'm at work. Watch all the tutorials if you're not sure, djproben did a couple of good in depth videos. Some tracks are just a bitch to grid, I spent fucking forever on the skream remix of 'in for the kill'.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    I spent fucking forever on the skream remix of 'in for the kill'.
    try Ed Rush, Optical and Fierce - Alien Girl from a vinyl rip .. ended up putting it into ableton and warping there and exporting!!
    Macbook Pro 2011 :: Xone 22 :: Technics 1200 :: Denon DNS3700 :: 2x Midifighter ::Akia MPD24 :: Kaoss Pad 2 :: Audio 6 :: KRK Rockit 5 Darkstar :: Roland Sh-101 :: Traktor Scratch Duo :: Ableton live 8

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Is that just one song? If it's more than one then i say you've got your grids spot on because when skimming through it I can't tell. If it is just one how are we supposed to tell you if you've got your grids correct?
    You can plug it into your traktor, vdj etc.. program and check for me. As I mentioned I just started doing this and don't want to spend hours gridding files to find out i did it wrong from the start.

I've been going over all the video tutorials and they have been helpfull but some of the files I just can't seem to get the beat markers to line up and have an even bpm. Also sometimes when I line up the first beat and when I get to the end i notice it is not spot on as mentioned in the videos. So I adjust the bpm but when I go back to the beginning it's off there?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If you get the beginning lined up the part immediately after the first break is pretty far off, but it gets back to being pretty good at the end. That said it's all still a little bit off, but it would be good enough to mix with and not be able to tell unless you were scrutinizing it.

So after a little adjustment of the grid (to the left I think) I got the beginning and the end to be good enough to mix with and do a long blend. The middle after the break however was not on. When I was done the BPM showed to be 124.45. If you need the part after the break to be on then you'll need to drop another beat marker there.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If you get the beginning lined up the part immediately after the first break is pretty far off, but it gets back to being pretty good at the end. That said it's all still a little bit off, but it would be good enough to mix with and not be able to tell unless you were scrutinizing it.

So after a little adjustment of the grid (to the left I think) I got the beginning and the end to be good enough to mix with and do a long blend. The middle after the break however was not on. When I was done the BPM showed to be 124.45. If you need the part after the break to be on then you'll need to drop another beat marker there.
    Great. So it wasn't something specifically wrong that I was doing but the makeup of the song. Thanks for the help. Here comes my next thread!!