Just drop in to say YO and want a few hints and tips - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Exactly the mistake I made..... twice.

Because I wasn't a member of this forum and there was no one like this 'new me' a couple of years on to tell me not to.

Hence I try to impress that upon everyone I see here asking for first controller/setup advice.

I mean, if you only want to DJ as an occasional hobby, don't buy an S4 unless you're rolling in cash. But if you want to take it anything like seriously, recognise that with DJ hardware you generally get what you pay for. Except with Pioneer.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

In the middle of no where. have a look http://maps.google.co.za/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Guys looks like no one understands me. I am stuck with almost no pocket money since I am 17. I don't do a work. I cant pay so much I can barely pay the BCD3000 sure maybe I can try and reach for the VCI-300 but that would be more waiting time. I had already made some plans if I get my controller. I am just saying expensive is a no go for me. I want to start dj'ing this year not next

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

To be fair, you can DJ without a controller, just with your keyboard. That's a pretty solid way to figure out what you need.

We understand, though. No one here is trying to say "Just go into debt and buy all the expensive stuff." But to take 6 months, get the software and an audio interface (something small and basic) and just start playing, you could easily occupy yourself for 6 months, learning how everything works and what you need. And then, when you have the money and a little more experience under your belt, you can spend it on whatever you want.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I DJ'd with just keyboard and mouse for over a year before buying my first controller.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    it's ridiculous that pretty much every beginners' 'everything you need to DJ in a box' TT setup you can buy comes with belt driven TTs. Learning to beatmatch will take much longer and be much more frustrating.
    i started on belts, if you can tame those things stepping up to directs feels awesome, it's like the deck is doing the work for you

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by DJ RedLight View Post
    What about the Behringer BCD3000 PC Based MP3 DJ Mixing Console
    Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    i started on belts, if you can tame those things stepping up to directs feels awesome, it's like the deck is doing the work for you
    granted, but it's a bit like starting off by taming a lion then stepping down to house training kittens.

slightly less dangerous though.

In the middle of no where. have a look http://maps.google.co.za/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    And then, when you have the money and a little more experience under your belt, you can spend it on whatever you want.

I have been DJing for 4 - 6 month's on Virtual DJ but didnt deside I want to go into it ( Long story why i did ) I did made mixes on VDJ and my friends loved it. I didnt bother on equipment till I desided to move on. Also didnt think it is that expensive just to get going. I got a DJ here to show me the ropes.

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    granted, but it's a bit like starting off by taming a lion then stepping down to house training kittens.

slightly less dangerous though.
    Love the explanation. I think I will start with the lion. Sorry I am syhced to get moving.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234