Traktor Tags
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traktor Tags

Tech Guru

Default Traktor Tags

Question: What exactly does Traktor save to the audio files and what does it saves in it's own database files?

If I change the comments inside Traktor will that stick with the audio file if I transfer it to another computer? If I have a windows machine and also a mac both with Traktor on them can I simply move the database files over to the other and keep this information intact? If so does anyone have an idea of what folders would need to be moved to accomplish this? Thanks.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

wouldnt that be stored in the audio id3 tag ?
    if not u still got the option using tagging software or itunes
    What Do You Call a Half Angel Half Devil ? ... a DJ !

Software: Traktor S4, Ableton Live 8, Windows 7
    Hardware: Traktor Kontrol S4, HDJ1000,PC i7 4gb ram, WD external 1tb, Akai APC 40 (soon), 2x Technics SL-1210M5G

Thought Traktor used JID3... Dunno

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

In MP3s Traktor writes a private PRIV frame into ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4 .
    In Wavs (RIFF) Traktor writes to the private NITR (Native Instruments Traktor) chunk.

Some data is stored in standard tags such as Artist and some is proprietary such as Autogain.

thanks for enlightening us karlos !
    What Do You Call a Half Angel Half Devil ? ... a DJ !

Software: Traktor S4, Ableton Live 8, Windows 7
    Hardware: Traktor Kontrol S4, HDJ1000,PC i7 4gb ram, WD external 1tb, Akai APC 40 (soon), 2x Technics SL-1210M5G

Tech Guru

Thank you. The main field I'm worried about is both comment 1 and comment 2 as I write a lot of comments on tracks so that when I go to beat grid them and play them later in a set I have a pretty good idea of exactly why I love the track so much to see if it's good for the situation just by skimming thru the comments section.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

The Comment tags are:
    Comment : COMM . i believe this is just the standard COMMENT tag.
    Comment2 : TRAKTOR4 . This one is a private tag so only traktor can alter.

Thanks for the info Karlos. I've read that with Traktor 2, the stripe is no longer saved with the audio file. Can you confirm? And if so where is it saved to for backup/moving to new computer purposes.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    The Comment tags are:
    Comment : COMM . i believe this is just the standard COMMENT tag.
    Comment2 : TRAKTOR4 . This one is a private tag so only traktor can alter.
    I had a file that Traktor had analyzed... then I lopped off about 20 seconds of silence at the first and the wave form got all wacky. Did that really happen or was I smoking crack? I tried to re-analyze it to no avail.

Tech Guru

Thanks for the info Karlos. It really helps having you here in the forums as our unofficial liaison to NI I know we could all just post on the NI boards for most of this stuff but I prefer to talk to the people here I feel like I know some of you in a super casual kind of way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast