Zomo MC 1000 = X1 killer?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Zomo MC 1000 = X1 killer?

Could be a great replacement for my rapidly wearing out one year old X1, why plastic pots NI why!

http://dj-lab.de/2011/04/messeneuhei...dj-controller/

Ok it doesn't cover as many controls, the X1 will always be the best at what it covers for the price, but this still looks very interesting and could be a nice way to gain access to new T2 features.

I prefer the position of this too, makes much more sense having everything in the same line of view.

Yeah I like the positioning.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

dont like the cue buttons and the fact that it has only 3 bit of a random number.
    all so no doubt the soundcard will bump the price,so a nice bit of kit cant seeing it out doing the X1,till this day the xone 1D is the best "add on" controller out there IMO (and i own both the x1 and 1D)

Quote Originally Posted by TommyQuiet View Post
    dont like the cue buttons and the fact that it has only 3 bit of a random number.
    all so no doubt the soundcard will bump the price,so a nice bit of kit cant seeing it out doing the X1,till this day the xone 1D is the best "add on" controller out there IMO (and i own both the x1 and 1D)

I agree that this wouldn't out do the X1, it was just a controversial title that I thought would help lure people in to the thread. If NI were to make a controller for an external set up to access sample decks and loop recorder/player I hope they consider making something that sits above the mixer.

I did own a 1D, sold it after a few months as it's too fiddly for my style. Kudos to A&H for making such a well made solid controller but there kit is really aimed towards tweaker's not turntablist's. Where as the X1 has a great spacious layout for quick access and rapid use but lacks the same construction quality's of the 1D, shame. Just over a year of X1 use and most of Rotary's lovely feel has been replaced by a gritty texture around the indent. NI could of avoided this by using metal for the pots.

X1 layout + A&H build, in the same position as this Zomo would be my perfect add on DVS complement controller.

This controller looks sweet though the inbuilt soundcard is gonna bump up the $$$ a bit. Now if they went the route reloop took with their controllers and launched two versions; one exclusively midi and the other with the soundcard then it might gather more interest.

Have to say also the horizontal orientation is nice for a transport/effects controller.

looks really awkward to use IMO

Tech Guru

God I just love that companies are coming out with all this gear at such a wide price ranges. I really think controllerism has really opened up this world to a lot more people and has brought the industry out of the same ole thing. Just the selection is mind boggling but great because I can really get the perfect piece of gear for my play style.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Quote Originally Posted by Modus Operandi View Post
    Now if they went the route reloop took with their controllers and launched two versions; one exclusively midi and the other with the soundcard then it might gather more interest.
    I'd love it if all company's had with or without soundcard options like Reloop. The sound card in this interests me as I can use it to run Maschine while my Audio8 runs TSP2

doesnt support vista

I wish there were more options for a controller that would complement a DVS user. I like the idea of this but the quality looks questionable. Something like the Denon DNHC1000 but made for traktor that would fit above a 10" mixer not besides it like the X1.

I just ordered a midifighter to make my own since theres nothing really out there that fits!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast