VirtualDJ Headphones ???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default VirtualDJ Headphones ???

I am using VirtualDJ Pro 7.0 and I am running in Stereo mode thru the USB port on my Laptop into USB on my Board. I only use one deck for playing. Q: Is there anyway to use the other deck to cue for headphones. I know you can do it if you split the stereo signal into mono...but remember I am running in stereo...HELP PLEASE
    Thx
    Ken

ehhh, can you try and phrase that a bit differently? i dont really understand the logic behind what your trying to do, whats the use in only using 1 deck?

edit: yeah if you want to be able to use the headphones to cue and play ur music in stereo aswell then your gonna need another soundcard (with 2 stereo outs), its possible to use 2 soundcards together in vdj but i wouldnt recommend it.
    Last edited by Conall; 04-09-2011 at 11:44 AM.

Default virtual DJ / Headphones

Thats what I thought...anyone have any suggestions how I can cue with headphones ? btw this reply was to someone who had just wrote 'No' to my question....I really do thank you all for the replys ...I need headphones to que.
    Last edited by Ken Fetterman; 04-09-2011 at 01:18 PM.

What does it do...?...I dont need to split the usb signal if thats what it is

Tech Wizard

You need a soundcard capable of producing two audio tracks (One main one out of the speakers, the other through headphones)

Im going to take a guess and say you are just using the one built into your computer.

You need to either buy a soundcard capable of producing two or purchase the card linked above and in the setup panel, assign the computer to play the main audio through your computers soundcard and the USB flash card to produce sound through the headphones.

This will allow you to play music through speakers, but listen to a track in the headphones, beatmatch it and then mix it into the main audio signal.

Quote Originally Posted by droctavia View Post
    You need a soundcard capable of producing two audio tracks (One main one out of the speakers, the other through headphones)

Im going to take a guess and say you are just using the one built into your computer.

You need to either buy a soundcard capable of producing two or purchase the card linked above and in the setup panel, assign the computer to play the main audio through your computers soundcard and the USB flash card to produce sound through the headphones.

This will allow you to play music through speakers, but listen to a track in the headphones, beatmatch it and then mix it into the main audio signal.
    this

Ok got it Thank you for the reply's...I will have my tech guy on this first of the week...Thanks Again

Tech Mentor

Check your preferences, I think there should be a way to use the USB output as main and the headphone jack on your laptop as cue.

@ DJ Nada That is exactly what I thought I could do but the preferences are not agreeing ..If this ends up being to much trouble I just might buy a 2nd laptop to use as cue & backup.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast