Novation Twitch or Traktor S4 - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I think you MIGHT have a better chance of running Serato timecode, but I would bet money not Traktor. I would bet money not Serato, just not as much.
    Last edited by photojojo; 05-09-2011 at 08:10 PM.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I would use Twitch as just a controller and use my trusty Audio8DJ for audio. The twitch only has one aux line in and no grounding post.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Default Twitch + Audio 2?

Hi, I've just bought my traktor Audio 2 (most because of free Traktor 2 software) and I want to upgrade my Dj gear...

I was wondering if i could combine my Audio 2 with Novation Twitch, which I really like. Do you know if it ia possible? Or could I use Twitch without any soundcard (I use my laptop - Asus with integrated soundcard....)

Thanks for replies ans sorry if i bother you, Im a beginner :-)

Well you could but there wouldn't be any point, the twitch has its own built in hight quality sound card.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

How are the jogs on the S4 useless?!?! Perhaps maybe if you're just rinsing sync and not scratching, but they're far from useless and they can be mapped to effects... And they aren't even that bad for scratching, lets be honest.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Mentor

I think I'm about to get the Denon DN-MC6000 which I believe will be better than both. Checked it out at Guitar Center. It is metal and built like a tank. I'm really getting sick of all this plastic crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Macom View Post
    I think I'm about to get the Denon DN-MC6000 which I believe will be better than both. Checked it out at Guitar Center. It is metal and built like a tank. I'm really getting sick of all this plastic crap.
    the Twitch is metal.

Agree with you though I really do like metal controllers. I specifically hate shiny plastic which always looks cheap would much prefer a matte or satin finish.
    www.elliotgrainger.com

vci 300 mk2
    13in mbp

Tech Guru

CDJ's are plastic
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

The only downside to the twitch I'm seeing is the lack of use for my Midifighters. I would love to see a DJTT mapping for MFs inside the software.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

I'm thinking the NI X1 might be quite a nice complimentary controller to the Twitch... would give you 4 hardware decks and still be cheaper than an S4 (assuming you already own Traktor).

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast